GENERAL SUMMARY: The Accounts Assistant plays a support role in meeting all operational goals and objectives of the Finance Department at the Flying Kites Leadership Academy (FKLA) in Kenya. He/she is responsible for managing the daily accounts and all clerical duties of the Finance Department, including petty cash, invoice processing, tracking school fee payments, maintaining accurate records and preparing up-to-date weekly reports. In addition, s/he is responsible for asset management and recordkeeping consistent with FKLA policies and procedures. In conjunction with the Procurement officer, the Accounts Assistant oversees and manages the distribution of supplies through the “school store,” ensuring proper resource allocation and use. The Accounts Assistant consistently maintains the highest levels of professionalism and ethics and plays a key role monitoring and ensuring strict compliance by all employees with departmental policies, procedures, authorizations and regulations. This role requires exceptional numerical, organizational, and communication skills, and the ability to multi task.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Manages and controls petty cash transactions, ensuring accurate recordkeeping and adherence to policies and procedures. Regularly audits petty cash transactions for compliance and accuracy.
· Ensures accurate processing and recordkeeping of all bank deposits and other transactions; prepares monthly reconciliation of direct debits and school accounts.
· Prepares and processes all invoices and fees related to student accounts; ensures prompt payment, maintains accurate reports, and notifies appropriate personnel on the status of delinquent accounts.
· Reviews and processes all invoices, ensuring accurate and timely payments and maintaining clear records.
· Prepares and updates weekly and monthly expense, budget and other reports, as requested by Finance Accountant.
· Assists with the budget preparation process and maintains accurate records and updates to budget as directed by Finance Accountant.
· Processes expense reimbursements for employees, ensuring compliance with all policies and procedures and accurate recordkeeping.