Website Summit Recruitment
Action Africa Help International (AAH-I) is a regional African-led non-governmental organization that supports livelihood-challenged communities in East and Southern Africa to sustainably improve their well-being and standard of living. With Country Programmes in South Sudan, Kenya, Somalia, Uganda, Zambia and Ethiopia, AAH-I has over 25 years’ experience working with communities in conflict and post-conflict situations, including refugees, internally displaced people and host communities. More recently AAH-I has expanded its activities to work with other marginalized communities, including pastoralists and people living in informal urban settlements.
To build the capacity of AAH-I livelihood project staff by providing agricultural extension advice. S/He will be responsible to ensure that the approaches used during implementation are accurate and effective, conforming to the global best practice while staying relevant to the context of the project.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide relevant training and skills development to community members on conservation agriculture and on-farm water management
• Lead stakeholder dialogue and consultation meetings with project communities
• Coordinate the establishment of kitchen gardens and scaling of successful approaches
• Provide agriculture extension service support to focal farming households
• Support the development of increased market linkages for focal farming households
• Prepare field visit reports
• Coordinate and liaise with other stakeholders in the project implementation
• Advise farmers to adopt best farming practices
• Represent AAH-I in the cluster/donor meetings
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• Holds a Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in either Agriculture or Food Technology or Agriculture & Home Economics or Agricultural Education & Horticulture or any other relevant and equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
• Have at least two (2) years’ experience in the relevant field;
• Experience on similar projects in El Wak District or Gedo Region.
Additional Skills & Competences
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office packages including Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Excellent communication and writing skills.
• Good spoken Somali and spoken and written English.
• A strong understanding of the socio-cultural and political context in El Wak and South Central Somalia.
• Able to operate effectively and to gain trust in politically sensitive environments.
• Welcomes and values diversity, and contributes to an inclusive working environment where differences are acknowledged and respected.
• Commitment to and understanding of AAH-I’s vision, mission, and values.
Interested candidates should email application letter and CV (with 3 referees) addressed to be received by 14 July, 2018. The email Subject Line must show the job title of the position applied for. AAH-I is an equal-opportunity employer. We thank candidates for their high interest in the opportunities we publish on our website. Due to the high number of applications we receive, we will only get back to shortlisted candidates.
If you believe that you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for this position, then please submit your application letter, attach your CV, certificates and letters of referee NOT LATER THAN 15TH July 2018 by using this url/website.