We are seeking a dedicated and experienced graphic designer to help support One Acre Fund’s growing collateral need. As a designer, you will work closely with the Lead Graphic Designer. Your work will focus on producing high-quality, field-facing materials that reach One Acre Fund farmers. Through the collateral you design, you will help impact the lives of smallholder farmers by encouraging program enrollment, increasing planting and training adoption through easy-to-understand guides, and assisting in promoting products that help improve their quality of life.
This position requires a strong understanding of the elements and principles of design, a clean and polished design aesthetic, a strict attention to detail, and strong people and project management skills. A successful candidate should also be capable of clear communication, self-motivation, and structured work planning. Previous experience with InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator is a must.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Support the design needs of our different countries’ field teams
· Manage and mentor a small but growing team of graphic designers (currently 1, but likely to grow over time) by supporting with project management, work planning, and design mentorship
· Work proactively with all departments in order to produce compelling and brand relevant collateral
· Project management, taking a project from a request from a department to designed product ready for print
· Project prioritization and client management, determining which projects you should focus your time on and managing client expectations around team capacity and timelines
· Create clean and organized design files and maintain organized final project files
· Prepare files for print (Correct file dimensions, image resolutions, and color specifications)
· Travel required to Kakamega, Kenya, and possibly limited travel around other countries in East Africa
Specific qualifications include, but are not limited to:
· A minimum of 6 years professional experience working in print design or digital design
· Diploma from a recognized academic institution
· Previous management experience
· Strong portfolio demonstrating creativity and a clean and polished design aesthetic
· Ability to follow brand standards in order to produce a seamless organizational look
· Proficient in InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator; Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
· Strong ability to work on and prioritize multiple projects, as well as adhere to tight deadlines
· Strong ability to mentor and build up other designers
· Team management skill set
· Detail oriented with strong communication and organizational skills
· Ability to work individually in addition to collaborating with a team
· Familiarity with working on a Mac platform desired
· Basic knowledge of preparing files for print
· Illustration skills a plus
· Language: English required, additional East African languages a plus
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills. Your manager and a global support team will commit significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new high-level roles opening up and opportunities in many functions.
PREFERRED START DATE
As soon as possible
To apply for this job please visit www.brightermonday.co.ke.