Website Summit Recruitment
The role holder will be responsible for the preparing and processing of claims (from the registration stage to the settlement stage) and preparing monthly reports that include claims registered, claims outstanding reports.The role will report to the Claims Team Leader.
1. Registering and acknowledging claims from brokers/agents and direct clients
2. Ensuring claims to be processed have the required supporting documents
3. Processing claims and making recommendations for either settlement or repudiation
4. Preparing statistical reports for submission to the management
5. Minimizing costs on claims by in-house assessment of losses
6. Reserving and reviewing claim files in consultation with the Team Leader
7. Attending to customers and addressing their concerns
8. Making risk improvement recommendations
9. Notifying underwriters on any critical underwriting matter that becomes apparent at the claims.
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required
1. Bachelors’ degree in a business related field
2. Diploma in Insurance with at least three (3) credits
3. Professional qualification in Insurance (ACII, IIK) an added advantage
4. At least 2 year’s relevant experience in claims adjusting from in the insurance industry
5. Computer literacy
1. Learning and Researching: Rapidly learns new tasks and commits information to memory quickly; demonstrates an immediate understanding of newly presented information; gathers comprehensive information to support decision making at management level; learns from successes and failures and seeks colleague and customer feedback.
2. Working with People: Shows respect for the views and contributions of other team members; shows empathy; listens, supports and cares for others; consults others and shares information and expertise with them; builds team spirit and reconciles conflict; adapts to the team and fits in well.
3. Applying Expertise and Technology: Applies specialist and technical expertise; uses technology to achieve work objectives; develops job knowledge and expertise (theoretical and practical) through continual professional development; demonstrates an understanding of different organisational departments and functions.
4. Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations: Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction; exhibits high standards for quality and quantity; monitors and maintains own quality and productivity; works in a systematic, methodical and orderly way; consistently achieves projects goals.
5. Following Instructions and Procedures: Follows procedures and policies; keeps to schedules; arrives punctually for work and meetings; demonstrates commitment to the organisation; complies with legal obligations and safety requirements of the role.
6. Adhering to Principles and Values: Upholds ethics and values; demonstrates integrity; accepts diversity; display individual responsibility towards the community and the environment; models the organisational values during every day interactions.
If you believe that you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for this position, then please submit your application letter, attach your CV, certificates and letters of referee NOT LATER THAN 15TH July 2018 by using this url/website.