Location: Nairobi, 110, KE
We are looking for a Food For Development Dairy Expert with position title of Project Manager Dairy Development to join the Tetra Laval team.
The location for this role will ideally be East Africa – Kenya, but we are open to considering candidates from Europe and the wider GME&A region. The ideal applicant must be willing to travel extensively and especially within the African region.
The main purpose of the role will be to work closely with DeLaval and Tetra Pak providing value-added support to our customers and stakeholders with the objective of growing their quality milk supply delivering growth and positive impact across the dairy value chain. To provide training, capacity building, and project management experience used in dairy development with the objective of ensuring successful implementation of our Dairy Hub projects. This type of practical support assists us to add-value to our customers, grow our business, and establishes good relations with local Governments, UN Agencies, NGOs, whilst promoting a positive image of the brands.
The main responsibilities will include:
1. Execute technical assistance missions supporting our on-going Dairy Hub projects by providing practical training to smallholder farmers, capacity building, monitor implementation, verify data collection, ensure that the the Dairy Hub process in place, interview with customer supply chain personnel, quality inspection.
2. Work closely with DeLaval to ensure their involvement in our Dairy Hub projects and their business development opportunities are captured.
3. Support Tetra Pak commercial operations to develop new Dairy Hub projects in developing countries. Organise and implement Dairy Hub projects that conform to best practices used worldwide. Providing qualitative positive impact data linked to local value chain development.
4. Prepare detailed documentation that presents technical assistance mission findings and recommendations to our customers and stakeholders.
5. Provide training capacity building to our customers’ personnel and extension services. Conduct assessments of analysis of the milk quality, volume, pricing analysis, and propose improvement solutions for our customers.
6. Work closely with DeLaval to ensure their involvement in our Dairy Hub projects and their business development opportunities are captured.
7. Drive project management and implementation for all Dairy Hub projects using our process and tools.
8. Support the communication team with content material/impact data, and manuals for our Dairy Hub projects.
The ideal candidate will meet the following minimum requirements:
· University Bachelor degree within the field of Animal Veterinary Science, Biology or Agriculture
· Extensive knowledge, practical experience and expertise in dairy farming, development work, capacity building & training
· Efficient communication skills to mobilize and build the capacity of local stakeholders and to effectively work in remote areas of developing countries. Ability to effectively communicate and present to Governments, public sector, and dairy value chain stakeholders
· Knowledge on the milk procurement process and various methods utilized (experience related to dairy cows)
· Very good command of English, both written and oral is required. Additional language skills are seen as a merit
· General skills needed include: Collaboration, Project management, Reporting writing, Coaching and Training ability
To apply for this job please visit www.brightermonday.co.ke.