Director of Food & Beverage for an International Hotel chain in Nairobi
The successful candidate will be responsible for the overall smooth and economical running of the F&B department. He/She will be in charge of creating and maintaining a unique guest experience whilst executing brand standards. MUST HAVE INTERNATIONAL HOTEL CHAIN AND MULTI UNIT EXPERIENCE!
· Build and implement a core Standards of Procedure manual for all areas within the Food & Beverage department.
· Ensure an active up selling campaign is correctly mentored and targeted in all departments.
· Working with suppliers to ensure an events calendar is in place for all departments and kept up to date.
· Posting and feeding live events on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and the companies Google my Business pages.
· To interact with guests, solicit feedback and build relationships, ensuring all regulars are met and talked to by the team.
· Ensure that the appropriate financial reports required by Company on a weekly and monthly basis are completed on time.
· Communicate and enforce QW’s policies and procedures.
· Educate, train and motivate hotel staff to achieve hotel revenue goals.
· Complete employee appraisals in the required timelines and develop appropriate personal development plans.
· To work with the team to ensure the companies two nominated charities are fully adopted.
· Working with the HR office and local colleagues / universities to ensure the support of internships.
· Prepare annual budget and show growth in all departments and savings in costs.
· Work with Finance team to ensure safeguard’s, internal controls are kept in line with policies.
· Degree in Hospitality management or relevant field, a Masters would be an added advantage.
· Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
· Excellent organisation skills and attention to detail and a sense of urgency.
· Ability to manage and prioritize challenging workloads.
· Strongly results oriented, ability to work independently and show initiative.
· Significant IT skills, Communication and interpersonal skills.
Monthly Gross Salary: Negotiable depending on experience.
Position Level: Upper Mid-Level.
Deadline: 1st July 2018.
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not charge any fee as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement***
If you believe that you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for this position, then please submit your application letter, attach your CV, certificates and letters of referee NOT LATER THAN 10TH June 2018 by using this url/website.