The ideal candidate should have prior experience handling stocks in a similar environments.
· Manage the petty cash account and ensure max limit is not exceeded.
· Ensure that employee cash advance account is up to date.
· Review all supplier invoices and have them signed off by procurement department.
· Prepare cheques and bank payments for MD to sign and approve.
· Review estimates from inventory team, print for approval and then create invoices.
· Receive payments from customers by mpesa, cheque and online banking.
· Ensure all customer payments are applied to the correct invoices.
· Keep the integrity of the core data in the finance system.
· Ensuring and up dated customer accounts are correct and that all supplier.
· Check PINs of every supplier that charges VAT to ensure input VAT can be claimed back.
· Ensure a very organised and detailed system for filing is created and followed
· Report any employee cash advances to MD if not cleared within 1 week.
· Receive cash payments for stores and ensure that they are correctly recorded.
· Ensure all cheques are deposited to the bank in a timely manner.
· Ensure all capex is correctly recorded and depreciated.
· Ensure all expenditure is correctly classed as inventory or relevant account on the P&L.
· Reconcile petty cash, mpesa accounts and bank accounts.
· Prepare payroll spreadsheet and have it approved by MD before processing.
· Make monthly submissions for NHIF, NSSF, PAYE, NITA, withholding tax and VAT.
· Observe monthly stock counts to ensure correct processes followed.
· Keep track of tax and compliance requirements for the company.
· Develop relationship with banking officials, KRA officials etc.
· Any other tasksas requested by management.
· Degree in Accounting/Finance
· CPA (K).
· At least 3 years’ experience working in a finance capacity in a commercial business.
· Deep understanding of systems, internal controls and good processes.
· Experience with stock management is desireable.
· Experience in managing another employee would be an added benefit.
· Extremely organized and detail oriented.
· Meticulous and works in a very structured way.
· Can juggle multiple tasks and prioritise well.
· Excellent interpersonal skills.
· Operates in a very professional way.
Monthly Gross Salary: Kshs. 70,000/= (Approx. 700 USD).
Position Level: Junior Level.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya.
Deadline: 15th July 2018.
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not charge any fee as a pre-employment or post-
If you believe that you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for this position, then please submit your application letter, attach your CV, certificates and letters of referee NOT LATER THAN 23ND June 2018 by using this url/website.