Website Summit Recruitment
The role holder will be responsible for the preparation of bank reconciliation and review of branch receipt reports to ensure completeness and accuracy of branch banking. The role will report to the Team Leader Finance Operations.
1. Preparation of daily bank reconciliations for bank accounts assigned.
2. Review of daily bank statements and advise Credit control on the daily bank credits for receipting
3. Obtain remitter details from the bank for unclear bank credits to facilitate receipting and allocation of funds
4. Review daily branch banking reports against amounts in the bank statements and deposit slips indexed in Fortis to ensure accuracy and completeness.
5. Reverse all bounced cheques in AIMS/Sirius/ERP and advise credit control and/or Branch cashiers to notify clients and/or Intermediaries for replacement.
6. Post all bank charges from the bank statement to the General ledger.
7. Generate report of unpaid invoices in ERP and advise the Claims department, Medical Claims, Credit control and Centralized Shared payments function to address the error and initiate new payments accordingly.
8. Reverse all bounced payments in ERP and advise the Claims department, Medical Claims, Credit control and Centralized Shared payments function to address the error and initiate new payments accordingly.
9. Prepare monthly reconciliation of general ledgers assigned and pass any adjusting entries to ensure accuracy of amounts reported.
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required
· Bachelors’ degree in a business related field
· Professional qualification in Accounting is an added advantage
· 2 year’s relevant experience
1. Learning and Researching: Rapidly learns new tasks and commits information to memory quickly; demonstrates an immediate understanding of newly presented information; gathers comprehensive information to support decision making at management level; learns from successes and failures and seeks colleague and customer feedback.
2. Working with People: Shows respect for the views and contributions of other team members; shows empathy; listens, supports and cares for others; consults others and shares information and expertise with them; builds team spirit and reconciles conflict; adapts to the team and fits in well.
3. Applying Expertise and Technology: Applies specialist and technical expertise; uses technology to achieve work objectives; develops job knowledge and expertise (theoretical and practical) through continual professional development; demonstrates an understanding of different organisational departments and functions.
4. Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations: Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction; exhibits high standards for quality and quantity; monitors and maintains own quality and productivity; works in a systematic, methodical and orderly way; consistently achieves projects goals.
5. Following Instructions and Procedures: Follows procedures and policies; keeps to schedules; arrives punctually for work and meetings; demonstrates commitment to the organisation; complies with legal obligations and safety requirements of the role.
6. Adhering to Principles and Values: Upholds ethics and values; demonstrates integrity; accepts diversity; display individual responsibility towards the community and the environment; models the organisational values during every day interactions.
If you believe that you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for this position, then please submit your application letter, attach your CV, certificates and letters of referee NOT LATER THAN 15TH July 2018 by using this url/website.
To apply for this job please visit www.brightermonday.co.ke.