General Manager for a Renewable Energy Project in Kenya
A leading investor focusing on power, energy, natural resources and related infrastructure in East Africa, is looking for a General Manager for its Geothermal project in Kenya. The successful candidate will be located at the Site for the majority of the construction period spending time in Nairobi as required. He/She will be responsible managing the business activities of Board of Employer and managing the construction. A preference will be shown for those candidates who have managed multi-disciplinary teams, and have extensive knowledge of geothermal plant construction.
· Assuming overall responsibility for the management of the construction management team activities to ensure successful completion of the Plant to time, budget and in accordance with the highest international standards.
· Working with the Board of Employer and lenders, recruiting the broader construction management team.
· Preparing and presenting necessary financial reporting documentation and other deliverables to the Board of Employer and other stakeholders, including project lenders.
· Administering the financing processes, ensuring efficient and timely drawdown of funds both from debt and equity against milestones specified in the financing documents.
· Responsible for the management and maintenance of construction insurance policies and project security instruments.
· Liaising with Government of Kenya officials, Kenya Power Limited (the power off taker), GDC and the regulator, the Energy Regulatory Commission.
· Managing all aspects of public and investor relations.
· Managing the construction effort, along with a team of engineers and technicians responsible for overseeing the construction management of the Plant.
· Assuming the role of the Employers Representative under the terms of the CMA between Employer and Construction Manager.
· Mobilising and directing the engineers responsible for overseeing the manufacture of key items of equipment including the management of a program of factory inspection tests.
· Directing team members responsible for assisting the process of importing equipment through the port of Mombasa.
· Overseeing the activities of the security contractor at the Site.
· Making full preparations for commercial operations, including all necessary plans, procedures and other requirements at the Site.
· Senior management experience with at least 10 years geothermal project construction experience.
· Have managed the construction of geothermal projects in developing countries.
· Be skilled in integrating the diverse interests of the business; engineering, finance, regulatory, contracting etc.
· Be experienced in Managing turnkey EPC contracts.
· Experience in Technical and commercial asset management.
· Excellent Leadership skills.
· Experience in Power Purchase Agreement and steam supply agreement implementation.
Monthly Gross Salary: Kshs. 1000,000 /= (Approx. 10,000 USD) depending on skills and experience.
Position Level: Executive Level
If you believe that you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for this position, then please submit your application letter, attach your CV, certificates and letters of referee NOT LATER THAN 10TH June 2018 by using this url/website.