Angaza is a venture-backed company that is solving global energy poverty by enabling financing of solar solutions for off-grid consumers. To do so, we develop a mix of hardware and software for some of the most demanding and dynamic markets in the world. Angaza is a for-profit company – based in California and Nairobi – that aims market forces at the linked challenges of climate change and global development.
Ensure Angaza achieves its growth targets in the short and long term through crisp sales strategy definition, laser-focused execution, and team growth, management, and development.
You will be a key senior sales hire, leading a team of representatives in our Nairobi office as they make B2B sales of our SaaS platform. As our company enters a phase of rapid growth and scaling, you must thrive in a fast-paced environment and easily transition between strategy and execution. In this entrepreneurial role, you will have purview over a range of activities, including implementation and auditing of our sales CRM, designing and refining our B2B sales strategy, contributing to the creation of sales materials, hands-on management of strategic sales, and team growth and development. Your near-term activities will focus on leading the sales team to bring on new distribution customers, and the role has the potential to grow in scope and evolve in many different directions depending on your strengths and career goals. It’s a big job, and you are hungry to do it!
This role is based in Nairobi and reports to Angaza’s COO.
· Develop a global sales team hiring plan and define the ideal team structure; then, lead the build out of a best-in-class sales organization and sales culture
· Ensure the sales team has tools and processes in place for maximum effectiveness
· Own and meet our sales targets
· Identify strategic areas of focus for the sales team to ensure they can readily hit and surpass their targets
· Refine our consultative sales strategy and process to bring on new distributors
· Facilitate implementation of our CRM and define criteria for successful use by the sales representatives
· Provide input on the prioritization of software features based on a thorough understanding of our technology
· Identify new market or business opportunities to drive growth
· Produce comprehensive sales reports and analyses for senior management
· Spearhead a long-term strategic plan to achieve aggressive sales targets
Skills & Attributes. You…
· Are motivated and tenacious
· Are an excellent negotiator and influencer
· Love building relationships
· Can inspire a team
· Have a proven track record of exceeding sales targets
· Know when to work independently and when to be collaborative
· Excel at both strategy and execution
· Are comfortable with frequent international travel in emerging markets
· Exemplify Angaza’s key values: impact-driven, empathetic, courageous, trustworthy, curious, and collaborative
· 6+ years of sales experience selling to C-level prospects, both in the trenches and in management
· BA in business, marketing, communications, or other relevant field; MBA preferred
· Demonstrated experience building a rigorous sales process from the ground up; in a start-up context preferred
· Experience hiring and managing a sales team; in a start-up context preferred
· Willing/able to travel up to 40% of time
· Experience with designing and implementing CRM processes and other key sales tools
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· History of meeting and exceeding sales targets
· Experience with selling technical products (software and/or hardware); with B2B SaaS products a plus
· Excellent attention to detail
· Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
· Highly-motivated, self-starting, and independent
Additional Skills Preferred
· Proficiency in Office and/or Google Enterprise Software (specifically Excel/Google Sheets and Powerpoint/Slides)
To apply for this job please visit www.brightermonday.co.ke.