A Leading International Hotel Chain is looking for an experienced and hands on HR Manager for its property in Nairobi. The successful candidate will be responsible to provide a pro-active, professional, customer focused and commercially driven Human Resource service. He/She will work closely with the Operations teams to improve business performance through the effective resourcing, training and development of people. Experience in the Hotel/Restaurant Sector is a MUST!
· In conjunction with the senior management team identify the Group’s key employee engagement measures.
· Ensure the respective Hotel brands service standards / KPI’s are understood and that all appropriate training materials are provided in support of them.
· Prepare an Annual People Strategy with supporting budget.
· Review and establish policies and procedures, taking into account both operations and specialist training requirements.
· Ensure that all HR Resourcing, Training and Development activities are appropriately evaluated and that an Annual Human Resource Review is undertaken.
· Select individuals who match closely with job requirements to maximise labour (staffing) efficiency and effectiveness across the Hotel.
· Identify and address ongoing work force planning (resourcing).
· Keep up to date with ongoing development in Resourcing, Training and Development.
· Attend daily and weekly meetings with Senior Mgmt team.
· Manage the company’s HR & Training budget in liaison with the GM.
· Manage unions and negotiate MOU’s.
· Promote intern workings.
· Degree in Human Resource management or relevant field.
· Minimum of 3 – 5 years in resourcing, training & development role.
· Hold a Recognized Training & Development qualification.
· Basic knowledge of Employee Relations legislation.
· Ability to manage and prioritize challenging workloads.
· Strongly results oriented, ability to work independently and show initiative.
· Significant IT skills, Communication and interpersonal skills.
Monthly Gross Salary: Kshs. 150,000 – 200,000/= (Approx. 1,500 – 2,000 USD) depending on skills and experience.
Position Level: Lower Mid-Level
Location: Nairobi, Kenya.
Deadline: 8th July 2018.
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not charge any fee as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement***
If you believe that you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for this position, then please submit your application letter, attach your CV, certificates and letters of referee NOT LATER THAN 18TH June 2018 by using this url/website.
To apply for this job please visit www.brightermonday.co.ke.