Website Summit Recruitment
The Mwananchi Credit Company invites applications from dynamic, goal-oriented, high performers from qualified individuals to fill in a position of a loan officer in their Nairobi Office.
Job Roles and Responsibilities
Controls delinquent loan payments and recovery of non-performing loans
Contacts delinquent customers either by phone or physically.
Analyzes customers’ financial situations and negotiate loan repayment arrangements.
Makes recommendations to management, when appropriate, for stronger collection actions including repossession of security.
Maintain accurate records, files, and reports on all collection activity.
Informs management of trends in loan disbursements that contribute to delinquency.
Call customers whose loans are almost due to prepare them to honor the installments
Ensure all cheques which are due for banking are duly banked and follow up on bounced cheques
Support the business development officers to follow up on loans.
Ensure all penalties arising from late repayments and follow-up are collected.
Work closely with external agencies on debt collection and recoveries.
Sit in the credit committee to point any impending dangers in the application.
Maintain a record of securities recovered and follow up on their disposal.
Ensure all demand letters are duly and timely issued and customers informed of the steps to be taken.
Adhere to the set policy on loan recoveries and collections.
Attend all auction events relating to the delinquent cases within the organization.
Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor or management.
1. A bachelor’s degree/ diploma in a business related course.
2. At least (2) two years in a busy working in credit control.
3. Professional management qualification, in addition to finance qualification e.g. ACCA, CPA, Credit Management.
4. Enthusiastic and committed approach with a track record of building strong, trust based relationships with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels, including the customer
5. A sound working knowledge of finance best practices, an awareness of the dynamics of the external environment and its effects on business strategy
6. Strong management and leadership skills together with excellent communication, influencing, negotiating and engagement skills, with a focus on pleasing the customer
7. Focus upon the provision of quality services and products as a fundamental element of customer care and retention.
8. Must be of a highly persuasive with a positive nature Ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently
9. Excellent planning and organization skills to meet deadlines and pay attention to detail, with a consulting mindset.
10. Demonstrating financial acumen in all decision making.
11. Must be honest with a high level of integrity, vigilant and of sound judgment.
If you believe that you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for this position, then please submit your application letter, attach your CV, certificates and letters of referee NOT LATER THAN 15TH July 2018 by using this url/website.