Logistic & Exemption Manager for an Investor Company in Kenya
The successful candidate will be primarily located in Nairobi with visits to Mombasa around the port and at the Site when required.
· Maintain and coordinate the smooth running of the logistics surrounding the Project.
· Work with Construction Manager in the oversight of the logistics on Site.
· Oversee the customs and clearance process for all of the equipment coming into Kenya for the construction of the Project.
· Work with Construction Manager and the EPC contractor and their subcontractors to ensure the imports are free of duty.
· Work with the KRA, Customs Department and the Kenya Port Authority.
· Report difficulties to the General Manager and provide monthly reports.
· When difficulties arise look to find the correct solution.
· Ensure full compliance with applicable Kenyan legislation and specific permitting and customs requirements.
· Advise and assist the GM and liaise with colleagues, and contractors on all activities related to the logistics and operations at and around the Site.
· Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Mgmt or relevant subject.
· Experience in the local communities and an in-depth knowledge of Kenya.
· Experience with customs and duty exemptions in Kenya.
· Knowledge of all laws and regulations relating to the importation of goods.
· Excellent communications, negotiation, problem-solving and conflict management skills in dealings with all levels of management, internally and externally.
· Computer literate with various software packages is essential, such as Microsoft products, database software packages.
Monthly Gross Salary: Kshs 250,000 /= (USD 2500).
Position Level: Upper Mid-Level
Location: Nairobi, Kenya.
If you believe that you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for this position, then please submit your application letter, attach your CV, certificates and letters of referee NOT LATER THAN 10TH June 2018 by using this url/website.