He / she will ensure the following responsibilities.
Tasks and responsibilities:
Supply chain management
• Organizes and follow the purchasing procedure (internal and external documentation, quotation, reporting) and together with the Logistics Coordinator, ensures analysis of the offers. When purchases are related to the medical activities, the process will be done together with the medical coordinator (relevance to the request, price, liability, availability and price, payment condition, delivery condition),
• Prepares or supervises the written contracts when necessary (supply contracts, transport contracts, services contract related to his / her responsibility, etc.),
• For any payment to be made, he/she must be able to show an external invoice to the administration department and follow the MdM procedures,
• Stock management
• Ensures the stock management for the coordination office and the DIC.
• Support on the joint program stock management and follow-up (inventories, stock cards, packing list, making sure the real stock correspond to the stock records): in terms of proper usage of tools and analysis of stock consumption.
• Maintain and update inventory list for the coordination office and the DIC.
• Regularly check inventory levels / conducting physical counts at the coordination office and the DIC.
• Receive orders: Check the number of packages, check packaging and content and inform the logistic coordinator, Supplier and requester of any problems (missing or damaged goods, etc.).
• Ensure that the commodities received are well stored and update the stock cards while recording the reference number of the receipt document.
• Ensure that all items are well organised and correctly stored, well protected, fully identified and easily accessible (cleanliness, security, access, etc.).
• Vehicles and generator management
• Ensures vehicles allocation as per the needs of the programme;
• Ensures that transport for people and goods (including drugs and cold chain) are organized on a timely manner;
• Ensure the maintenance and servicing of the MdM generator.
• Responsible for the maintenance of program vehicles and follow up of spare parts.
• Management of drivers and ensure that drivers conduct daily/weekly vehicle checks and maintenance.
• Supervise activities of drivers and ensure that vehicle logbooks are well maintained.
• Fill in the vehicle monthly follow-up document and submit to the logistics coordinator on time.
• Ensure proper movement planning for drivers and MDM staff.
• Check and follow through fuel consumption for MDM vehicles.
• Transmit a fuel consumption report to the logistic coordinator on a monthly basis.
• Ensure the maintenance and cleanliness of premises in Nairobi (coordination office and DIC).
• Discusses and agrees with landlords of regular maintenance to be done on both part by each parties;
• Recommends and organizes for additional improvements to the premises;
• Support the logistics coordinator by suggesting and advising on premises management and renovation.
• Assets and furniture management
• Updating and maintenance of the MdM asset register
• Registration, tagging and follow up of equipment in accordance to MdM procedures
• Follow-up of the equipment status and documentation (use, working condition, warranty, costs).
• Responsible for organization and follow-up of preventive maintenance & repair of equipment and assets.
• Is responsible for the follow-up and the maintenance of cold chain facility in Nairobi.
• Ensures the good use and maintenance of computer equipment and accessories.
• Ensure proper allocation and follow up of equipment to MdM staff, (including recording, issuance and accountability)
• Responsible for import and export processing for Kenya office in collaboration with the Logistics Coordinator
• Support expat colleagues in shipments of personal belonging in and out of Kenya
• Supervision of logistics team (drivers, Driver Purchaser and the logistics Assistant).
• Facilitate communication with staff under his / her supervision and between the different members of the mission team on logistic issues,
• Supports the Admin team with cross cutting Log/Admin issues.
• Prepares and send a monthly logistics report to the Logistics Coordinator
• Consolidates assets inventories and transmit them to AdminCo while copying the Logistics Coordinator on a monthly basis;
• Reports any safety and security issue, incidents and near misses to the Logistics Coordinator.
III – Profile of the ideal candidate
• MUST Desirable have a Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics or Procurement and Supplies Management
• Certification in Purchasing and Supplies Management or Logistics, is an added advantage e.g CIPS
• MUST have a valid driving license with practical driving experience for both manual and automatic vehicles
• Desirable of 5 years practical experience in logistics management in an INGO
• At least 2 years in a Logistics officer position in an NGO
Skills and qualities required
• Proven ability to review supply demands and trends in order to develop strategies to fill identified gaps
• Experience working with institutional donors and knowledge of their rules and regulations
• Ability to synthesize and analyse information, and make clear, informed decisions
• Ability to build relationships quickly with a wide range of people, both internally and externally
• Strong planning, management and coordination skills, with the ability to organise a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities
• Excellent written and spoken communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent computer skills in MS application software’s
• Excellent team management skills
• Ability to think out of the box and solve problem solving efficiently
• Innovative and can easily work without close supervision
• Ability to capacity build his/her subordinates
If you believe that you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for this position, then please submit your application letter, attach your CV, certificates and letters of referee NOT LATER THAN 23ND June 2018 by using this url/website.