Our client, a luxury Hospitality group, is looking for an experienced Procurement Manager for its offices in Nairobi .The successful candidate’s main responsibility is to oversee the procurement processes of the company. He/She must be an excellent communicator with good organizational skills.
· Managing and controlling the entire Supply Chain and Logistical operation.
· Full operational control of the systems with flexibility to introduce new measures when current systems aren’t up to scratch.
· Introduction of new procurement and inventory software to be implemented across the group.
· Ensure competent quality execution and monitoring of all regular purchasing duties.
· Management of staff to purchase and issue order in accordance to specification.
· Work with storekeepers and foremen to ensure proper supervision of materials on site.
· Ensure all purchasing policies, procedures and good practices are followed and maintained.
· Maintain a complete updated purchasing records/data and pricing in the system.
· Coordinate with user departments and suppliers in the purchasing scope of work for projects assigned.
· Maintaining good relations with suppliers.
· Support relevant departments with quotations for the purpose of tenders.
· Responsible for all procurement staff to prepare and process purchase orders and documents in accordance with company policies and procedures.
· Monitor and co-ordinate deliveries of items between suppliers to ensure timely delivery of all items to site/store on time.
· Source, select and negotiate for the best purchase package in terms of quality, price, terms, deliveries and services with suppliers and sub-contractors assigned.
· Plan and manage inventory levels of materials or products.
· University educated – Degree in Supply Chain Management preferable.
· A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role, preferably in a hospitality company.
· Excellent planning skills and highly organised with attention to detail.
· Knowledge of international procurement processes.
· Ability to work independently and under strict deadlines.
· Can adapt quickly to different environments.
· Fully conversant in “Material Controls!
Monthly Gross Salary: Kshs 150,000 – 200,000 /= (USD 1500 – 2000) depending on skills and experience.
Deadline: 24th June 2018.
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for po
To apply for this job please visit www.brightermonday.co.ke.