PATH is an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms—vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations—that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs. Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health.
PATH seeks to recruit a Regional Auditor to monitor compliance with organizational policies and donor regulations across field operations in Africa and Asia regions, report findings and make recommendations to senior management, prepare an annual audit plan and carry out appraisals of the effectiveness of policies and procedures by which organizational financial resources are managed. Review the effectiveness and efficiency of operations, reliability of financial reporting, and compliance with applicable local laws in multiple countries.
The Regional Auditor will be based in Nairobi.
Duties and responsibilities:
· Perform Audits: Perform audits of projects, partners and PATH country offices from planning through to report issuance. Issue pre-audit announcement letters, gather pre-audit documentation, perform audit-specific risk assessment, develop audit program, conduct audit tests, develop draft reports reflecting results of testing, engage management in discussion of findings and obtain management action plan, and finalize report for review.
· Provide constructive suggestions relative to enhancing current procedures on the existing PATH policies and procedures to accommodate situations in the various field offices.
· Conduct Investigations: As requested by, and under the direction of the International Audit Director and CFO, perform investigations of allegations of fraud, waste, or abuse in PATH projects and offices.
· Promote and encourage a learning environment for field-based staff in a manner consistent with PATH’s values and leadership principles.
· Compliance: Support compliance reviews with respect to donor rules and regulations, both internal and with project partners. Review compliance with applicable local laws in an effort to safeguard assets of PATH. Review application of PATH policies and procedures across field operations.
· Operational Reviews: Review the effectiveness and efficiency of operations. Review application of and adherence to PATH policies and procedures across field operations.
· Client Service: Promote Internal Audit as a value add to the organization and deliver audit services that consistently improve the control environment and achieve operational excellence.
· Provide business insight and communicate all audit related issues to the International Audit Director and CFO and if appropriate, the Audit Committee.
· Conduct pre award/ capacity assessment of sub grantees and partners.
· Orient new PATH staff and partners on the PATH internal audit department and the expectations of all staff as regards audit and compliance.
· Share insights with PATH’s external auditors and assist in answering some of their audit queries.
· Sensitize staff in every field office on the existence and importance of the PATH’s compliance hotline.
· On Job training of the Audit Associates. Assign and review of work performed by the Audit Associates
· Perform other audit duties as required.
· 5-7 years of relevant experience in an organization of similar size or larger. Significant experience working in or auditing a large international NGO environment in multiple countries is preferred.
· Ability to travel broadly within Africa and Asia to various PATH offices. Travel could be up to 40% on an annual basis to other project locations.
· Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
To apply for this job please visit www.brightermonday.co.ke.