Our client, a consumer lending App that underwrites customers in real time using thousands of alternative data signals is looking to recruit a QA Manager to plan, estimate and coordinate testing activities for the financial platform. The successful candidate will work with product managers, developers and customer service agents to ensure that quality issues and defects are appropriately identifies, document, tracked and resolved. He/she MUST have a minimum of 3 years in test automation experience in mobile platform and modular RESTful web services. This is a 60% management 40% hands on role.
· Day to day management of onsite and offshore QA Engineers (both full time & contractors).
· Contribute to the development and growth of QA Engineers.
· Coordinating of testing efforts during the sprint cycle i.e. reviewing tickets, test cases, ensuring deadlines are met and escalating potential issues.
· Weekly tracking and reporting on quality metrics.
· Participate in hiring and recruiting efforts.
· Collaborate with product management & developers to improve testability, automation and tools.
· Work with QA Architect, Engineering and Data Science teams to increase test coverage with manual and automated test cases.
· Define and implement testing and verification strategies for both mobile and server platforms.
· Own documentation that communicates the procedures and test results.
· Perform code reviews for automated tests for both mobile and backend components.
· Must have a bachelor of science in Computer Science or IT.
· Must have a minimum of 6 years of experience in a QA Engineering role.
· Must have 4 experiences in writing tests cases.
· Must be a natural leader with 3 years’ experience leading QA team global and locally.
· Must be able to prioritize and communicate in a fast-paced startup culture.
· Must have extensive experience in load/stress testing frameworks to emulate millions of users hitting the system and bottlenecks.
· Experience working in agile development environment is mandatory.
· Experience building test automation (Java, AWS Device Farm, Jenkins, Shell Scripting, Linus, TestNG, Robolectric, Espresso, Appium and Mac OS).
· Experience working with data science is required.
· Knowledge of Java, Scala, Python and Perl.
· Knowledge of mobile test automation framework.
Monthly Gross Salary: Kshs. 350,000 – 500,000 /= (Approx. 3,500 – 5,000 USD) depending on skills and experience
Position Level: (Upper Mid-Level)
Location: (Nairobi, Kenya).
Deadline: 10th July 2018.
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not charge any fee as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement***
If you believe that you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for this position, then please submit your application letter, attach your CV, certificates and letters of referee NOT LATER THAN 18TH June 2018 by using this url/website.
To apply for this job please visit www.brightermonday.co.ke.