Based in Kenya, our client is a specialised risk management company, which has more than 8 years’ experience in providing bespoke and highly professional security services to clients across Africa; including complex environments such as DRC, South Sudan, Zambia and Tanzania, is looking to recruit a Security / Risk Analyst Intern.
The ideal candidatewill need to provide support to the security information services (SIS) team. Their principle role will be the production of analytical reports. They will also be asked to assist in language editing of security information products.
· The writing of weekly articles for the Kenya Weekly Insight report.
· Planning and the provision of direction with regards to the Daily Insight report.
· Assistance in the writing of bespoke threat assessments.
· Assistance in management of the organization’s incident database, held on the Inquiron platform. The individual will be responsible for the consistency of this database.
· Assistance where necessary with analytical components of Journey Management Plans.
· Language editing and proof reading.
· Assistance to the SIS team in the collection of information in line with SOPs.
· He/she is to ensure security is ensured to prevent leakage or compromise.
· Where and when appropriate the Analyst Intern will participate in security meetings and workshops, and develop papers, reports and presentations for Insight’s work.
· Any other duties as assigned by Senior Management.
· BA Degree in a humanities degree (War Studies, Conflict Studies, International Relations etc.).
· Excellent command of written English.
· Extraordinary analytical skill.
· Proficiency in Microsoft office, basic mapping tools.
· An understanding of the humanitarian sector.
Monthly Gross Salary: Open depending on skills and experience.
Deadline: 30th June 2018.
We endeavor to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not charge any fee as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement***
To apply for this job please visit www.brightermonday.co.ke.