Tushinde Children’s Trust was founded in the UK in March 2010 and was registered as an NGO in Kenya in March 2011. Tushinde works with vulnerable families in Mathare with a main focus on providing disadvantaged families with access to education, health care and social support
· Supervision/leadership skills
· Strong time Management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
· Reporting skills.
· Flexibility to adapt to new roles, tasks and situations.
· Strong observation, analytical and listening skills
· The ability to negotiate, mediate and interpret on behalf of service users
· Good organisational skills to work autonomously and plan meetings for a caseload of clients.
· Be efficient in both written and spoken English
· A passion for ensuring that every child has a chance in life.
· An ability to be flexible and adaptable in a growing organisation.
The senior social worker ensures the efficient of the programme and follows best practice. The senior social worker will oversee any operations within the social work Department and will have the commitment and passion to develop this department.
Main tasks and responsibilities.
Clinical supervision of Junior social workers
Provide basic trainings to junior social workers.
Set long term and short term targets for other junior social workers.
Help in identifying/seeking out vulnerable children who need to be enrolled in the Family support programme
Intervene in emergency situations to benefit the lives of clients and in a way that empowers them
Document assessment information, crisis interventions and any correspondence with clients or other professionals. Documentation must be thorough, accurate and timely in order to benefit both the client and the organization.
Prioritize tasks, use good decision making practices and keep a calendar of important events or projects.
Support Junior colleges to have exposure to experience and support them if they are unused to these experiences.
lead in planning and organizing meetings with Junior social workers
conducting interviews with individuals and families to assess and review their situation;
offering information and support to junior worker and clients
Recommending and sometimes making decisions about the best course of action for a particular person or family;
participating in multidisciplinary teams and meetings regarding, for example, child protection
To apply for this job please visit www.brightermonday.co.ke.