Telagen Group of Companies
Job purpose (role)
To support the human resources manager in all hr related matters to ensure a highly motivated employees, highly productive and disciplined workforce. You will be responsible for administrative tasks and you’ll contribute to making the company a better place to work.
1. To identify customer needs and promote customer recognition throughout the unit.
2. To regularly and systematically check standards and identify action for improvement.
3. To respond to customer comments and feedback in line with Company policy.
4. To encourage a proactive culture to minimise all customer complaints.
5. To develop a culture to ensure consistent excellence in customer service.
1) Assist with day to day operations of the HR functions and duties
2) Provide clerical and administrative support to Human Resources executives
3) Compile and update employee records (hard and soft copies)
4) Process documentation and prepare reports relating to personnel activities (staffing, recruitment, training, grievances, performance evaluations etc)
5) Coordinate HR projects (meetings, training, surveys etc) and take minutes
6) Deal with employee requests regarding human resources issues, rules, and regulations
7) Assist in payroll preparation by providing relevant data (absences, bonus, leaves, etc)
8) Properly handle complaints and grievance procedures
9) Coordinate communication with candidates and schedule interviews
10) Conduct initial orientation to newly hired employees
11) Assist our recruiters to source candidates and update our database
12) Overseeing employee health and safety procedures
13) Organizing and managing new employee orientation, on-boarding, and training programs
14) Contacting applicants references
15) Performing criminal background checks required by company
16) Explaining and providing information on employee benefits, programs, and education
17) Maintaining employee records and HR records
18) Answering employee questions and addressing employee concerns with company
19) Reviewing procedures for employee safety, welfare, wellness and health
20) Be actively involved in recruitment by preparing job descriptions, posting ads and managing the hiring process
21) Updating job requirements when needed
22) Develop training and development programs
23) Assist in performance management processes
24) Support the management of disciplinary procedures
25) Review employment and working conditions to ensure legal compliance
26) To prepare detailed monthly reports for the HR department activities on or before the 3rd of every month.
27) Any other duty that could be delegated by the Head of Department from time to
1. Help in preparation of the HR annual budgets.
2. To help the hr manager in ensuring that the department operates within its financial budget and ensure financial goals are met.
3. You are expected to find ways to cut spending and keep the costs to the bare minimum without compromising quality and operations
1. Monthly reports
2. Help in Setting targets for departments and individuals
1. Training programmes
2. Updated HR Records
3. Employee reference letters
4. Criminal clearance letters
5. Harmonious industrial relations
6. Motivated employees
7. Well engaged employees
8. Well-disciplined workforce
9. Attendance records
10. A well maintained HR Registry
1. To lead by example
2. To participate towards a positive team atmosphere
3. To provide an atmosphere of where employees are able to bring forward their concerns , listen and give appropriate support
4. To gather intelligence info related to staff for the benefit of the companies benefit.
Education and experience
2) BSc/BA in business administration, social studies or relevant field, with a diploma in HR
3) HR diploma with one year experience
4) Knowledge of HR functions (pay & benefits, recruitment, training & development etc.)
5) Understanding of labour laws and disciplinary procedures
6) Proficient in MS Office;
7) Outstanding organizational and time-management abilities
8) Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
9) Problem-solving and decision-making aptitude
10) Strong ethics and reliability
a) Demonstrates commitment to the Board’s mission, vision and values.
b) Displays cultural, gender, religion, tribal, and age sensitivity and adaptability.
c) Treats all people fairly without favouritism
d) Demonstrates strong adherence to Telagen business ethical standards
Key Competencies Requirements
a) Time Management: You will be working with employees, customers and management. Time management is essential to make sure everything gets done.
b) problem analysis and problem solving
c) judgment skills
d) communication skills
e) presentation skills
g) coaching skills
Applications for the qualified candidates to be sent via Apply Now Button. Only the qualified candidates will be contacted. The company reserves the right to lower or raise the qualification or years of experience depending on the volume of applications. The deadline for the applications will be on before 10th June, 2018 at 5pm.