Telagen Group of Companies
Sales &marketing manager
Sales & marketing
Head of sales & marketing
No. of holders
Job group range
Job purpose (role)
As the person in charge of sales, you will direct and oversee Telagen sales policies, objectives and initiatives. Set short- and long-term sales strategies and evaluate effectiveness of current sales programs. Recommend product or service enhancements to improve customer satisfaction and sales potential.
Be familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices and procedures. Rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Lead and direct the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Must understand what motivates customers to buy and know how to tap into those needs and desires in an effective way.
As the manager in charge of marketing you are responsible for developing, implementing and executing strategic marketing plans for an entire organization (or lines of business and brands within Telagen) in order to attract potential customers and retain existing ones.
Your day-to-day tasks include managing and coordinating marketing and creative staff, leading market research efforts to uncover the viability of current and existing products/services, and liaising with media organizations and advertising agencies.
You must be great business leader as well as great marketing leader. Work with executives to determine budgets and targets. You are charged with developing pricing strategies for products and services. While the marketing department looks to you for guidance and direction, the executives count on you for profitability and results.
1. Direct and coordinate activities of the sales &marketing department.
2. Provide leadership, supervise staff and preparation of work schedules
3. Establish and implement departmental policies, goals, objectives, and procedures, conferring with division head, other managers and staff members as necessary.
4. Determine staffing requirements, hiring and training new employees, or oversee those personnel processes in liaison with the head of division, HR and the Managing Director.
5. Direct and coordinate department’s financial and budget activities to fund operations, maximize investments, and increase efficiency.
6. Ensure that staff in the department are fully engaged and any emerging disciplinary issues are dealt with promptly and decisively.
7. To regularly and systematically check standards and identify action for improvement.
8. To have a working knowledge of all aspects of the business and maintain constant involvement of self in tasks.
9. To ensure rigorous systems of financial control and management are in place and that all key financial targets are met.
10. To create a professional working environment through which all employees are adequately trained, fully briefed, regularly appraised and managed in a fair and consistent manner, thus ensuring that a positive unit team is established, within which each individual can aspire to achieving their full potential.
11. To be fully involved in the interpretation and delivery of the corporate strategy as it relates to their unit ensuring effective feedback to the Executive Team as appropriate.
12. Take personal responsibility over the performance of the department and the implementation of the departmental functions under your jurisdiction.
13. Any other duty that could be delegated by the Head of Division from time to
Sales objectives & forecasting
1) Establishes sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for individual marketers; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products.
2) Implements annual sales programs by developing field sales action plans.
3) Own recruiting, objectives setting, coaching and performance monitoring of sales representatives
Setting of targets
1) Plan to ensure achievement of divisional and personal target, aligning with company sales policies and strategies
2) Manage, develop, coach, control and motivate the sales force to develop their skill to ensure that a high professional standard is achieved and monthly sales target and KPI target are met
3) Ensure targets are delivered through people management, performance review, reward and individual recognition
1) Determines annual unit and gross-profit plans by implementing marketing strategies; analysing trends and results
2) Develop and implement new sales initiatives, strategies and programs to capture key demographics
3) Achieve growth and hit sales targets by successfully managing the sales team
4) Design and implement a strategic business plan that expands company’s customer base and ensure its strong presence
Customer relations and build up
1) Meet with customers to discuss their evolving needs and to assess the quality of our company’s relationship with them
2) Build and promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships by partnering with them and understanding their needs
3) Maintain data relative to partners, accounts and activities and will document customer interactions
4) Build and promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships by partnering with them and understanding their needs
5) To identify customer needs and promote customer recognition throughout the unit.
6) To respond to customer comments and feedback in line with Company policy.
7) To encourage a proactive culture to minimise all customer complaints.
8) To develop a culture to ensure consistent excellence in customer service.
1) Establishes and recommend adjustment of selling prices by monitoring costs, competition, and supply and demand
2) Maintains sales volume, and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors.
Continuous market research
1) Identify emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status
2) Identify emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status
3) Continually develop knowledge of the business climate, applications and competition.
1) Prepare daily, weekly, monthly quarterly and annual reports to the Head of Division and any variance must be explained.
2) To prepare detailed monthly reports to the Head of division of the divisions activities on or before the 5th of every month.
3) Provide daily report of field sales success and communicate performance data to superiors
4) Present sales, revenue and expenses reports and realistic forecasts to the management team
Management of the sales team
1) Assess the strengths and weaknesses of the sales team and manage the sales program accordingly
2) Provide on-the-ground support for sales executives as they generate leads and close new deals.
3) Own recruiting, objectives setting, coaching and performance monitoring of sales representatives
4) Maintains sales staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
5) Maintain sales staff job results by counselling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
6) Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
7) Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
8) Completes sales operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees and following up on work results.
1) Interviewing, hiring, and training marketing staff members
2) Establish marketing goals based on past performance and market forecasts
3) Oversee current offerings and comes up with initiatives for new products or services
4) Research and analyse market trends, demographics, pricing schedules, competitor products, and other relevant information to form marketing strategies
5) Work with marketing staff to develop detailed marketing plans for all media channels and sales teams
6) Approve in liaison with the marketing committee and oversees the creative development of promotional materials, website content, advertisements, and other marketing-related projects
7) Communicate with various media buyers, advertising agencies, printers, and other services to help marketing projects come to fruition
8) Provide in-depth information to interested clients, and acts as a representative for the marketing department in important buyer meetings
9) Work within the department budget to develop cost-effective marketing plans for each product or service
10) Track all marketing and sales data and creates detailed written reports and verbal presentations to bring to senior executives
11) Adjust marketing campaigns and strategies as needed in response to collected data and other feedback
12) Build marketing programs to support specific marketing objectives across different channels and segments in support of Telagen overall strategic marketing plan
13) Market through various channels and segment databases working with large data sets
14) Develop business cases for marketing programs at the proposal stage and make recommendations on marketing tactics
15) Evaluate the impact of marketing programs in achieving their stated objectives, including impact on lead flow, LTV (loan to value) and retention
16) Propose and manage marketing research projects to generate consumer insights in support of improved marketing strategy and communications
17) Partner with creative teams, other internal stakeholders, and external agencies and vendors
18) Lead the execution of marketing programs from start to finish, driving collaboration with the stakeholders and leveraging the right internal processes
19) Work with the other marketing teams, other internal stakeholders, and external agencies and vendors
· You will prepare annual budgets, for the human resource and regimental in liaison with your head of division.
· You will ensure that the two departments operates within its financial budget and ensure financial goals are met.
· You are expected to find ways to cut spending and also advocate for new services, products and recommend funding required to improve the division’s productivity and profitability.
1. Completed departmental budgets
2. Monthly reports
3. Set targets for departments and individuals
4. In increased level of sales by 10 to 30% in the next three months and 50% during the year.
5. Clear targets and reports of the performance of the same on weekly and monthly basis
6. New methods of sales
7. A report on the performance of our competitors and reasons for variance if any.
8. Annual projected sales and profits
9. A robust motivated sales team
1. Come up with an annual calendar of promotional events –some funded others free
2. Come up with new marketing strategies
3. Take advantage of free media adverts through participation in events
4. Make our presences in media with minimal costs
1. To lead by example, encouraging all team members to participate and work together
2. To delegate authority, empowering team members to take responsibility and ownership for achievement of objectives
3. To monitor, encourage and participate towards a positive team atmosphere by positively and publicly recognising success and achievements by any member of the team
4. To set relevant, fair and consistent targets, KPI’s and objectives for team members in line with overall company strategy.
5. To provide constructive feedback to improve team performance
6. To represent and feedback staff opinions and views at a higher level
Education and experience
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, or a Related Field,
2. A diploma with extensive proven track record
3. Successful previous experience as a sales representative or sales manager, consistently meeting or exceeding targets
4. Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization
5. Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close
6. Excellent mentoring, coaching and people management skills
7. Experience building complex marketing programs and reporting on the results
8. Exposure to digital and direct response marketing
9. Competence as a creative writer with an eye for great emails and landing pages
Demonstrates commitment to the Board’s mission, vision and values.
Displays cultural, gender, religion, tribal, and age sensitivity and adaptability.
Treats all people fairly without favouritism
Demonstrates strong adherence to Telagen business ethical standards
Key Competencies Requirements
1. Time Management: You will be working with employees, customers and management. Time management is essential to make sure everything gets done.
Leadership Skills: Your job is to motivate your employees, working with them to set and meet sales goals. You will have to resolve conflicts and may be in charge of hiring your staff.
Analytical Skills: You will take the sales numbers and analyse them to find weaknesses in the system, cost-saving opportunities and redundancies. Good analytical skills will help you set proper goals and determine pricing.
Customer Service: You might need to speak with dissatisfied customers, or entertain high profile clients. Customer service skills will be necessary.
Communication Skills: A big part of sales and leadership is communication. You will need to be a good listener and speaker, to help customers and employees understand your direction and recommendations.
Meeting Sales Goals
Sell to Customer Needs
Applications for the qualified candidates to be sent via Apply Now Button. Only the qualified candidates will be contacted. The company reserves the right to lower or raise the qualification or years of experience depending on the volume of applications. The deadline for the applications will be on before 10th June, 2018 at 5pm.