The Africa Talent Company
Duration: 2 year fixed term contract
The Senior Finance & Business Analyst will provide strategic analysis of financial and business data to guide the leadership in strategic and management decision making. In particular the incumbent will support the organization in achieving greater efficiencies through deeper analysis and understanding of organizational cost trends and projections, cost structures, cost ratios, cost recovery and spending rates/patterns across the organization. S/he will through analysis help the leadership understand the ongoing viability of the organization set at the Country, Hub, and Program Unit levels. This is a critical position that will also deputise and support the Country Finance Manager in general financial analysis and planning as well ensuring timely financial reporting that is tailored to meet management needs for improved decision making.
· Complement the Country Finance Manager in supervising finance staff responsible for financial reporting. It will also closely interact with Country Leaders Teams on matters pertaining to financial and business analysis at various levels in the organization.
· Support the implementation of country, global and regional financial strategies and to provide timely and reliable financial information and analysis that leads to effective decision making at the country Level.
· Contributes to country’s strategic objectives by ensuring effective business critical support information is in place and contributing to maximize the availability of resources for programs by cost effective financial processes and other operating activities by timely and accurate management reporting.
· Provides support to Country Finance, Grants and Program teams in improving the overall transparency and accountability.
· Review and consolidation of country finance reports.
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
· Professional Financial/Accounting qualification e.g CPA (K), ACCA or equivalent
· At least 5 years’ experience in similar role in the NGO sector
· Significant experience with large multiple government grants from donors
· Knowledge of the sector and the financial management issues
· Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards, Control standards and Risk management techniques
· Proven effective Management
· Strong team building skills, motivated & with good attitude towards work.
· Strong negotiating, facilitating and influencing skills
· Excellent proven financial analytical skills
· Good written and spoken English Good presentation and communication skills in delivering financial management information
· Proficient in computer skills and use of Microsoft based packages. Experience of using general ledger packages and other databases is an advantage. (SAP and various bespoke systems).
To apply for this job please visit www.brightermonday.co.ke.