The Africa Talent Company
Our client is an independent investment management firm, with offices in Nairobi – Kenya and D.C. Metro – U.S. They primarily focused on offering alternative investment solutions to global and local institutional investors, individual high net-worth investors, and diaspora investors interested in the East-African region. Their investments are in real estate and private equity such as banking, insurance, education, hospitality and technology.
They are looking for a dynamic, talented and highly motivated individual to fill the position of Business Manager -Zurit. The successful candidate will primarily be responsible for the daily running of the company and ensure all logistics are well handled.
As a Business Manager, the individual will support the company by acquiring clients and creating the right processes to aid in the proper running of the business. The role will entail completing all administrative tasks, including setting up of the offices, organizing the paperwork for each delivery consignment and completing as necessary. The candidate may be called upon to assist in purchasing, providing quotations and sourcing products within a strict deadline.
He or she will report to the Head of the Business.
1. Set up the procurement business office
2. Acquire clients for long term business growth
3. Leverage market data to drive company growth.
4. Come up with the right business processes to ensure maximum efficiency
5. Supervise the work of employees and provide feedback and counsel to improve efficiency and effectiveness
6. Oversee incoming and outgoing correspondence and enquiries, taking action where required
7. Collate and manage documentation for approval and signature.
8. Liaise with departments with regards to Ordering
9. Contacting user departments regularly to update them on orders
10. Investigate any issues/discrepancies relating to invoices
11. Keep track of quality, quantity, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency in the warehouse
12. Organization and facilitation of procurement meetings (and customer meetings from time to time)
13. Liaise with logistic companies with sales orders, tracking and tracing deliveries
14. Check and amend stock levels and stock control weekly/monthly in the warehouse
15. Produce reports as and when required
16. Keeping customer accounts up to date
17. General administrative tasks as required
Key skills and experience
1. Bachelor’s degree, minimum of Second upper class division degree. Bachelor’s Degree in Supply chain management is an added advantage;
2. Minimum of Eight years’ industry experience required either in the corporate environment retail or real estate industry.
3. Must demonstrate strong skills in organizational development, personnel management, budget and resource development, and strategic planning;
4. Should demonstrate ability to cultivate and manage productive relationships with team members, customers, other staff, and the community;
5. Demonstrate ability to express ideas clearly, verbally and in writing;
6. Strong computer skills, including high level of proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word;
7. Ability to work independently, problem solve, and be persistent;
8. Creativity, entrepreneurial, and a self-driven attitude towards work;
9. Knowledge of purchasing /procurement practices and
To apply for this job please visit www.brightermonday.co.ke.