The Africa Talent Company
The CM will take ownership of the all marketing, brand management, product management and customer service aspects,
Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
Experience Level: Management level
Experience Length: 10 years
Our client runs one of the leading sport betting platform in Africa. They are looking to recruit a Commercial Manager to ensure the integrated commercial success of the organization. S/he will be expected to drive the commercial strategy of the business to deliver growth in market share and revenue. The role will require a combination of strong marketing, product management and business development skills. The CM will take ownership of the all marketing, brand management, product management and customer service aspects, making sure that all relevant functions of the organization are aligned to meet its strategic commercial objectives. The CM will lead the marketing team in conceptualizing, implementing and evaluating initiatives that will enable the company to achieve greater revenues and market share. S/he will think and act as a leader and align the commercial department’s values while inspiring confidence and generating excitement, enthusiasm and commitment towards the mission.
Reporting to CEO.
· Develop strategic direction and plans for the company regarding all commercial functions including marketing, business development and customer experience; and drive strategy communication and execution.
· Develop and lead the implementation of marketing budgets; and monitor progress against key performance indicators.
· Drive the innovation of new products and their development as well as enhancements of existing products; ensure that the user experience is exciting, informative and entertaining to end users to guarantee play and value.
· Develop pricing strategies that maximize profits and market share whilst ensuring consider customer satisfaction.
· Lead the planning and execution of all marketing initiatives; Approve and oversee the creative development of promotional materials, website content, advertisements, and other marketing-related projects.
· Oversee brand management and corporate identity to ensure growth and loyalty.
· Oversee the overall customer experience to ensure consistent outstanding service and customer support.
· Study and interprete market trends and adapt to industry changes; assess associated business risks and make recommendations to the management on propositions that promote growth of the bottom line and enhance the company’s competitive standing.
· Oversee the implementation of CSR initiatives aimed at promoting growth of the brand; and coordinate all public relations activities.
· Build and manage strategic relationships and partner with key industry players, agencies and vendors; review and manage supplier contracts and terms to ensure value.
· A Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business management, or related field. MBA is an advantage.
· Professional certification in Marketing.
· 10+ years relevant experience in marketing or product management, 5 of which must be in senior leadership.
· Experience in handling B2C sales – able to be hands-on and strong executor, with strong business sense, results driven mindset, as well as customer experience/value driver.
· Experience in disruptive marketing with demonstrable ability to employ predatory thinking.
· Demonstrable experience in product management.
· Good working knowledge in IT.
· Experience in working in a fast growth environment and a decentralized environment.
· Highly analytical skills with ability to use creative problem-solving skills. Working knowledge of data science and analytics will be an added advantage.
· Technical aptitude – ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information.
· Working under pressure – ability to deliver against set objectives while operating on some occasions in stressful situations.
· Agility – ability to deal with shifting priorities and issues inherent to a fast-growing company.
· Strong entrepreneurial skills and a natural ability to spot opportunities for revenue generation.
· Natural leader of people with excellent managerial and motivational skills.
· Demonstrable ability to make business decisions and formulate business strategy.
· Relevant industry experience and in-depth knowledge of the market.
· A strong passion for sports particularly football.
If you believe that you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for this position, then please submit your application letter, attach your CV, certificates and letters of referee NOT LATER THAN 6TH July 2018 by using this url/website.