The Africa Talent Company
Our client is a Regional Organisation that is building competitive, inclusive and resilient industries in East Africa by supporting pioneer firms and removing key constraints to enable transformational growth and competitiveness through technology transfer, capability building and providing access to finance.
The key objectives of this role are to establish the strategic business relationships for advancing corporate engagements with new potential funders and to ensure overall corporate affairs relating to marketing, branding and communication to achieve the organisations vision and objectives.
The role reports to the CEO.
• Establish and maintain working relationships with funders, government and other organisations within East Africa to facilitate partnerships to obtain funds in line with the corporate strategy and keep funders satisfied and engaged on an ongoing basis;
• Develop and effectively execute the corporate branding, communication and other related strategies ensuring overall alignment to company’s strategy and thereby enhances the company’s image and brand in the market that will result in increased visibility and support the achievement of the company’s objectives;
• Directly in-charge for the development, design, editorial, production and distribution of all company publications and communiqué, ensuring that there is regular contact with the target media and that the communication is aligned with the corporate brand and image the company wants to portray in the market;
• Develop various proposals and pitching decks; relevant to the target audience; that are aligned to the company strategy and theory of change to optimize the opportunities available and close the funding agreements within the shortest amount of time.
• Monitor and evaluate the funding used on the relevant programs to enhance the confidence of the funders, maintain credibility and help the organization achieve is overall vision.
• Compile and manage the branding, communications and marketing budget, thereby ensuring all expenditure is controlled and in line with the value for money principle the company stands for;
• Manage and lead the department by directing activities, monitoring performance and developing staff to ensure that the objectives of the department are achieved on an ongoing basis.
• Must have at least 10 years working, with a focus on corporate affairs, brand strategy, fundraising roles and with proven record of raising at least $10M per annum;
• At least 5 years leading a similar department and leading team members a similar role work experience;
• A bachelor’s degree in the field of communication or similar field from a recognized institution. Master’s degree in business management or economic or any other similar field preferred;
• Certification/s in International relations is desirable;
• Experience working within private sector and/or industry development organizations working directly with large donors within international development;
• A proven record in fundraising, partnership building or business development – including presenting and selling a vision, developing proposals, supporting negotiations, identifying and mitigating relational risks and finalizing agreements;
• Working with or in East African market is a strong competitive advantage;
• A person with proven advanced interpersonal, problems solving, analytical, presentation, communication and project management skills;
• A strong team player, a person who is persuasive and is a strategic relationships manager;
• They are an equal opportunity employer and hence strongly encourage all candidates to apply and especially those with Rwanda nationality;