The Africa Talent Company
Position Title: Financial Controller / Director of Finance
Reports To: Hotel General Manager / Managing Director
The Financial Controller (FC) will be responsible for managing the day to day operations of the accounts department, like preparation and management of the hotels financial budgets, implementing and overseeing all activities relating to the financial aspects of the hotel in compliance with the local tax laws and also by the hotel’s SOP’s.
Additionally, responsible for the financial analysis, reporting, budgeting, forecasting, audit and control, asset and liability reconciliation, working capital and cash control. Etc. Also, ensure the safekeeping and updating of all legal documentation relating to the financial status of the hotel.
Financial Controller Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for the properties overall accounting and financial management requirements.
• Responsible to represent the finance department during morning HOD meetings.
• Responsible for the local tax authority compliance of the hotel.
• Responsible to support and liaise with the General Manager in meeting the strategic goals of the organisation.
• Responsible for preparing and reviewing annual budgets, monthly forecasts, operating results.
• Responsible for verifying all financial reports and ensuring that all transactions are accurate and in compliance with local government regulations.
• Responsible to liaise with the hotel owner or managing director of the organisation.
• Able to prepare and submits management reports in a timely manner and also ensuring delivery deadlines.
• Able to effectively create / Improve / implement all accounting policies and procedures.
• Able to ensure a strong accounting and operational control environment to safeguard hotel assets.
• Able to assists proactively with cost control requirements.
• Able to assist with revenue enhancement possibilities.
• Able to assist with profit improvement opportunities for the hotel operations.
• Able to develop specific goals and plans to prioritise, organise and accomplish the work.
• Assists in the building of an efficient and professional team of employees within Finance and Accounting Department.
• Monitors all local tax compliance that applies, and ensuring that taxes are charged correctly and collected.
• File the local tax with the concerned authority on a monthly/regular basis.
• Monitor and improve hotels operation costs, profitability and manage business risks.
• Ensures profits and losses are documented accurately.
• Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
• Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
• Oversees internal, external and regulatory audit processes.
• Conduct regular weekly finance department meetings.
• Celebrates successes by publicly recognising the contributions of team members.
• Provides excellent leadership by differentiates top performers, fosters teamwork and also able to encourages work/life balance.
• Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees.
• Ensures employees establish and maintain open, collaborative relationships within their team.
• Participates in the employee performance appraisal process, providing feedback as needed.
• Responsible to ensure disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to hotels standard.
• Any other tasks as and when required by the management.
Should have a high command of MS Applications like Excel, Powerpoint etc.
Knowledge of Back office or accounting systems like Ezee, Quickbooks, Sage, etc…
Knowledge of Hotel Software or Property Management Systems like FIDELIO, OPERA, Ezee, Protel Etc.
Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
Fluent in English, both oral and written.
Excellent financial/business decision making.
Should possess strong Financial knowledge.
Analytical skills and very well organised.
Qualified Charted Accountant (CA) or Similar or 4-year bachelor’s degree in Finance and Accounting or similar major.
At least 5 years’ of financial and management experience with the day-to-day financial operations in an up-scale (4/5 Star) hospitality envir
If you believe that you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for this position, then please submit your application letter, attach your CV, certificates and letters of referee NOT LATER THAN 15TH June 2018 by using this url/website.