The Africa Talent Company
This role will provide strategic and technical leadership and oversight to Plan’s Advocacy, campaigning, Media and Communications work in the region. S/he ensures that the regional advocacy priorities are prioritized in our strategic partnerships and engagement with actors and stakeholders through influencing activities at the regional level. S/he collaborates with the Global Influencing and Partnerships Department at our international headquarters, with our UN Liaison Offices and particularly with the Pan-African Liaison Office and the West and Central African Regional Office to ensure that global advocacy, communication priorities and campaigns effectively support our goals. S/he supports capacity development and quality assurance measures for communication and influencing staff in Eastern and Southern Africa and represents Regional Office in global Influencing network and other networking fora.
· A member of the Regional Office Management Team (ROMT) and leader of the regional network covering our advocacy, policy, strategic partnership and communication and media work in RESA.
· Provides leadership and supervision to regional team for all influencing and communication and fosters integration of programme and influencing activities.
· Facilitates the development and maintenance of strong internal and external linkages with key regional and sub-regional institutions, strategic partners, peer organisations, the private/corporate sector and media outlets within and beyond the region.
· Advises on and manages risks related to advocacy, campaigning, strategic partnership, communication and media work in the region.
· Develops and oversees the execution of the assigned component of the regional office budget.
· In-depth knowledge of current issues and trends, in both the development and humanitarian sectors in the region of Eastern and Southern Africa and beyond.
· Masters level required in one of the following fields: national and international law, communication and Public Relations, international development and political sciences
· Demonstrated working knowledge of regional stakeholders and actors, such as national Governments, inter-governmental institutions, civil society and UN agencies, media and journalists
· Minimum of 5 years demonstrated experience of working as a manager with supervisory capacity and budget responsibility
· Proven experience to develop and implement advocacy, influencing, partnership and communication and media strategies
· Excellent understanding of child rights and gender equality as pre-conditions and ingredients for sustainable development.
· Working knowledge of French, Portuguese or Arabic desirable.
To apply for this job please visit www.brightermonday.co.ke.