Secretary REF: VA/UU/032/2018
Duties and Responsibilities
• To produce information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying and transmitting text, data and graphics.
• To organize work by reading and routing correspondence, collecting information and initiating telecommunications.
• Answering or referring inquiries.
• Maintains customer confidence and protects confidentiality.
• Secures information by completing database backup.
• Maintains office inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, placing and expediting orders for supplies.
• Provides historical reference by utilizing efficient filing and retrieval systems.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business related disciplines or A Diploma Certificate in Secretarial Studies coupled with a four year working experience.
• Must have strong written and oral communication skills, as well as a strong background in typing.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint is important, as is familiarity with various telephone systems.
• Must also work well under pressure, multitask with efficiency and feel comfortable making phone calls.
• Knowledge in a computer programs is essential.
The applicants should provide full details of educational and professional qualification, work experience, present postnand salary, applicant’s telephone number and e-mail address.
Copies of certificates and testimonials should also be enclosed giving the names and addresses of three (3) referees who are conversant with the applicant’s competence in area of specialization.
If you meet the above requirements and interested in joining a team of hardworking staff, please send your resume and application letter clearly marked “Secretary” to the address below by 14th July, 2018.
NB: ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
Umma University is an equal opportunity employer. Women, marginalized groups and persons living with disability are encouraged to apply.
The Vice Chancellor,
P. O. Box: 713 – 01100, Kajiado – Kenya
To apply for this job please visit www.brightermonday.co.ke.