How to apply
1. Download the KNATCOM 1A form from the website www.unesco.go.ke
2. Complete the form and sign (Do not attach any documents)
3. First send a soft copy in word format to [email protected] (Do Not attach any documents)
4. INDICATE THE TITLE OF THE POST ON THE EMAIL
5. Secondly, send a hard copy to:
The Secretary General/CEO
Kenya National Commission for UNESCO
P.O. Box 72107-00200
National Bank Building, 16th Floor
Note: Only short listed and successful candidates will be contacted. Valid Clearance certificates from EACC, HELB, KRA & CID is mandatory.
This Department exists to perform the following functions: provide secretariat service to Audit and Risk Management Committee of the Board, development of audit policies, strategies and plans; review of internal controls systems; carry out risk assessment and advice Board and management on governance, risks and controls; carry out capacity building to inform the Commission on matters related to Risk and audit, carry out research to inform the department, audit investigation and reporting to the Board and top management.
Manager, Audit & Risk Management
Secretary General/CEO through the DSG, Corporate Affairs
Gross monthly package Ksh. 216,000 – 286,000 PM
Leave Allowance – Ksh. 10,000
Medical Allowance – As per scheme rules
Group Life & Accident Cover– As per scheme rules
Contract (4yrs renewable)
Duties and Responsibilities
The officer will be responsible to the Board functionally and administratively to the Secretary General/CEO for the development and implementation of the Commission’s audit and risk management policies, strategies and plans in a results oriented and timely manner to achieve the Corporations’ goals, objectives and agreed performance targets. This will entail inter alia:
1. Coordinate the day to day business and ensure the overall achievement of the functions and objectives of the Audit and risk mandate;
2. Coordinate the formulation, execution and communication of the audit policies, strategies, and plans and ensure their evaluation thereof;
3. Formulate and interpret the audit and risk management policies and coordinate the preparation of the Departments annual budget plans, and establishment of proper internal controls;
4. Ensure that the Commission’s audit and risk management structures, processes and systems are effective;
5. Develop audit and risk management reports and submit to the relevant and authorized Offices in good time and provide follow up activities as may be required;
6. Provide regular communication to the Board and Secretary General/CEO on key audit and risk management matters in order to enhance accountability and transparency.
7. Review expenditure and projects including program implementation on a periodic basis to establish effectiveness of risk management systems, controls and governance processes.
8. Advise on procedural or policy changes to improve operations and quality service delivery.
9. Assist in the investigations on any suspected fraudulent and corrupt activities within the Commission;
10. Facilitate external audits by providing the auditors with all the resources required for informed decision making.
11. Secretary to the Audit and Risk Management Committee meetings to ensure proceedings are well coordinated. and
12. Confirm compliance with statutes, regulations and government guidelines.
13. Any other tasks as may be assigned by the Secretary General/CEO.
Academic & Professional Qualifications
• A minimum of a Masters’ Degree in either Commerce or Business administration in (Accounting or Finance option) from a recognized and accredited institution
• Possess certificate in Certified Public Accountant (K), ACCA or CFA from a recognized and accredited institution
• Be a registered member of Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA), or Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK), or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
• Possess eighteen (18) years of experience in the relevant field or profession five (5) of which must be at a comparable senior management level position or is currently serving in an equivalent position in a similar organization for a minimum period of three years
• Demonstrated competence in leading the Audit function of an organization
• Have extensive industry knowledge of government auditing and risk management processes and procedures
• Demonstrate knowledge of government financial, audit and risk management legislations and policies affecting the institution including ongoing reforms
• Demonstrated experience in audit policy formulation
• Possess good knowledge of ethics, governance and reporting to State Corporations Boards.
• Good Leadership skills, Excellent management skills, Ability to multi task, Good interpersonal and communication skills, Have good diplomatic and coordination skills, Flexible, approachable and assertive, Have integrity and commitment to production results, Self-motivated; and
• Must satisfy the requirements of chapter six of the constitution of Kenya on leadership and integrity.