How to apply
1. Download the KNATCOM 1A form from the website www.unesco.go.ke
2. Complete the form and sign (Do Not attach any documents)
3. First send a soft copy in word format to [email protected] (Do Not attach any documents)
4. INDICATE THE TITLE OF THE POST ON THE EMAIL
5. Secondly, send a hard copy to:
The Secretary General/CEO
Kenya National Commission for UNESCO
P.O. Box 72107-00200
National Bank Building, 16th Floor
Note: Only short listed and successful candidates will be contacted. Valid Clearance certificates from EACC, HELB, KRA & CID is mandatory.
This Department exists to provide leadership on the financial management, accounting and reporting by shaping overall strategy and direction, and instilling a financial approach and mind set throughout the Commission for transparent and accountable process in order to provide better performance and services to KNATCOM –UNESCO staff and stakeholders.
Processing of estimates for the program budget; expenditure monitoring; prioritization of programs and activities for results based allocation or resources; issuance of authority to incur expenditure; expenditure and revenue forecasts; monitoring or revenue and expenditure; prioritization of projects and activities for the purpose of financial allocations in the budget; oversight of commitment of funds and expenditure trends in line with Treasury circulars; budget monitoring and reporting; undertaking reallocations within budgeted heads and programmes and the overall financial management and control of voted funds.
In addition, offering strategic leadership on all matters pertaining to prudent financial management in the Commission.
Processing of estimates for the program budget; expenditure monitoring; prioritization of programs and activities for result based allocation of resources; expenditure monitoring and evaluation; oversight of absorption of funds and expenditure trends; performance measurement; budget planning, analysis, forecasting and reporting; undertaking reallocations within budget programmes; development of budget policy and policy analysis and the overall financial management and control of voted funds.
Oversee the following functions: accounting policies development; managing accounts payable (money out); managing accounts receivable and revenue tracking (money in), handling payments; taxation and cash flow control, revenue collection and receipting; cash security; reconciliation of payments; inventory management; debtors collection; monitoring property accounting; cost analysis; preparation of accounting reports and security of accounts.
Manager, Financial Services
Secretary General/CEO through the DSG, Corporate Affairs
Gross monthly package Ksh. 235,789 – 305-522 PM
Leave Allowance – Ksh. 10,000
Medical Allowance – As per scheme rules
Group Life & Accident Cover– As per scheme rules
Contract (4yrs renewable) with service gratuity
Duties and Responsibilities
The officer will be responsible to the Secretary General/CEO through the Deputy Secretary General, Corporate Support Services for the development and implementation of the Commission’s budgeting and financial management policies, strategies and plans in a results oriented and timely manner to achieve the Corporations’ goals, objectives and agreed performance targets. This will entail inter alia:
1. Coordinate the day to day business and ensure the overall achievement of the functions and objectives of the finance mandate;
2. Coordinate the formulation, execution and communication of the financial policies, strategies, and plans and ensure their evaluation thereof;
3. Formulate and interpret the budget and finance policies and coordinate the preparation of the annual budget plans, and establishment of proper internal financial controls;
4. Ensure that the Commission’s financial management structures, processes and systems are effective;
5. Develop budgeting and financial instruments and submit to the relevant and authorized Offices in good time and provide follow up activities as may be required;
6. Provide regular communication to the Secretary General/CEO on key financial and budgetary matters;
7. Ensure efficient and effective management of Development Partner Financing for the Programme.
8. Monitor expenditure and projects including programme implementation on a periodic basis and ensuring timely disbursement of funds.
9. Monitor and implement financial procedural or policy changes to improve operations and quality service delivery.
10. Coordinate stakeholders and the enhancement of the Commission’s corporate financial image;
11. Mobilize, negotiate and source for funds for the Commission;
12. Manage cash flow and forecasting, and control the commitment of funds and expenditure trends, in line with existing regulations;
13. Ensure compliance with all financial legal and regulatory requirements; and
14. Any other tasks as may be assigned by the Secretary General/CEO.
Academic & Professional Qualifications
A minimum of a Master’s degree in any of the following fields namely; Business Administration, Business Management, Economics, Commerce (Finance Option), Finance or Accounts from a recognized and accredited institution
Possess certificate in Certified Public Accountant (K), ACCA or CFA from a recognized and accredited institution
Be a registered member of a professional body