How to apply
1. Download the KNATCOM 1A form from the website www.unesco.go.ke
2. Complete the form and sign (Do not attach any documents)
3. First send a soft copy in word format to [email protected] (Do Not attach any documents)
4. INDICATE THE TITLE OF THE POST ON THE EMAIL
5. Secondly, send a hard copy to:
The Secretary General/CEO
Kenya National Commission for UNESCO
P.O. Box 72107-00200
National Bank Building, 16th Floor
Note: Only short listed and successful candidates will be contacted. Valid Clearance certificates from EACC, HELB, KRA & CID is mandatory.
This job is responsible for management of the HR Recruitment and Development functions within the HR Department in a results oriented and timely manner to enable it achieve its optimum goals.
Assistant Manager, Human Resource Recruitment & Development
Manager, Human Resource & Development
Purpose of the Job
To ensure implementation of the Accounting policies
Gross monthly Package Ksh. 155,000 – 192,000 Pm
Leave Allowance – Ksh. 10,000
Medical Allowance – As per scheme rules
Group Life & Accident Cover– As per scheme rules
Permanent and Pensionable
Pension Contribution rate (basic salary)
Employee – 7.5%
Employer – 12.5%
Duties and Responsibilities
The Officer will be responsible to the Manager, Human Resource for the management of the HR Division in a results oriented and timely manner to achieve the Corporations’ goals, objectives and agreed performance targets. This will entail inter alia:
1. Be responsible for the day to day operations and the overall achievement of the functions and objectives of a Human Resource Division;
2. Ensure the development and implementation of the Division’s annual operational plans, performance contract and budget;
3. Develop effective administrative structures, processes, systems and internal controls in the Division including succession plans;
4. Develop appropriate Human Resource policy papers and provide follow up activities as may be required;
5. Analyze and advise on technical, financial, administrative and partnerships matters related to the Division;
6. Support stakeholder management processes and the promotion of partnerships and collaborations within the Division;
7. Monitor and implement procedural or policy changes to improve Human Resource operations and quality service delivery.
8. Monitor and supervise the training and performance management processes and systems;
9. Design effective employee wellness programs and facilitate guidance and counseling programs;
10. Any other tasks as may be assigned by the Secretary General/CEO.
Academic & Professional Qualifications
• A minimum of a Master’s degree in any of the following fields namely; Social Sciences such as Government, Sociology, Public/Business Administration, Human Resource/Personnel Management from a recognized and accredited institution
• Be a registered member of the IHRM Experience
• Possess a minimum of twelve (12) years of experience in the relevant field or profession two (2) of which should be at a comparable senior management level or is currently serving in an equivalent position in a similar organization for a minimum period of three years
• Demonstrated competence in the management of a similar human resource Division of a comparable organization
• Have good industry knowledge and experience of government human resource processes and procedures
• Demonstrate working knowledge of human resource legislations and policies affecting the institution
• Possession of good knowledge of ethics, governance and HR operations of State Corporations.
• Excellent analytical skills; Ability to multi task; Good interpersonal and communication skills; Team player, resourceful, flexible, have integrity and commitment to production results, self-motivated, dependable, organized, professional and
• Must satisfy the requirements of chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya on leadership and integrity.