How to apply
1. Download the KNATCOM 1A form from the website www.unesco.go.ke
2. Complete the form and sign (Do not attach any documents)
3. First send a soft copy in word format to [email protected] (Do Not attach any documents)
4. INDICATE THE TITLE OF THE POST ON THE EMAIL
5. Secondly, send a hard copy to:
The Secretary General/CEO
Kenya National Commission for UNESCO
P.O. Box 72107-00200
National Bank Building, 16th Floor
Note: Only short listed and successful candidates will be contacted. Valid Clearance certificates from EACC, HELB, KRA & CID is mandatory.
The Office Assistant function entail: facilitating effective and efficient hospitality services; records management services; preparation of conference rooms for meetings; ushering services; facilitate movement of equipment’s/goods within the organization; filing, photocopying and binding of documents.
Office Assistant I
Gross monthly package Ksh. 23,900 – 33,000 Pm
Leave Allowance – Ksh. 4,000
Medical Allowance – As per scheme rules
Group Life & Accident Cover– As per scheme rules
Permanent and Pensionable
Pension Contribution rate (basic salary)
Employee – 7.5%
Employer – 12.5%
This Officer will be deployed to the Kitchen duties and will also be responsible to perform other duties including;
1. Sort and record items to be delivered according to the delivery schedules.
2. Deliver messages or materials to destinations
3. Record information, such as items received and delivered.
4. Facilitate simple Office duties like helping in filing, photocopying, moving equipment’s and binding of documents.
5. Assist in preparing food, snacks and beverages items for the Office or meetings. 6. Manage access control functions by verifying employee identification, issuing visitor passes, and observing and reporting any unusual or suspicious persons or activities.
7. Operate Office equipment, such as fax machines, copiers, or phone systems and arrange for repairs when equipment malfunctions.
8. Update minor paperwork and ensure security of Office records, documents and equipment’s.
9. Any other tasks as may be assigned by the Secretary General/CEO
Academic & Professional Qualifications
• A minimum of an O-level certificate, mean grade D+ or recognized equivalent certification
• Certificate in customer care or hospitality of not less than one month
• Proficient in computer applications
• Must below 35 years’
• Possess a minimum of two (2) years of hands on experience in the relevant field or profession or serving at a comparable level
• Demonstrated competence of Office service operations for a similar organization
• Possess industry knowledge and experience of customer care processes and procedures
• Ability to multi task; Good interpersonal and communication skills;
Team player, resourceful, flexible, have integrity and commitment to production results, self-motivated, dependable, organized, professional and must satisfy the requirements of chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya on leadership and integrity.