How to apply
1. Download the KNATCOM 1A form from the website www.unesco.go.ke
2. Complete the form and sign (Do not attach any documents)
3. First send a soft copy in word format to [email protected] (Do Not attach any documents)
4. INDICATE THE TITLE OF THE POST ON THE EMAIL
5. Secondly, send a hard copy to:
The Secretary General/CEO
Kenya National Commission for UNESCO
P.O. Box 72107-00200
National Bank Building, 16th Floor
Note: Only short listed and successful candidates will be contacted. Valid Clearance certificates from EACC, HELB, KRA & CID is mandatory.
The office administrative services exists to perform the following functions: taking oral dictation; managing and organizing office records and documents; processing data; operating office equipment’s; attending to visitors/clients; handling telephone calls and appointments; maintaining office diary and travel itineraries; ensuring security of office records, equipment and documents including classified materials; preparing responses to simple routine correspondences; establishing and monitoring procedures for record keeping of correspondences and file movement; ensuring security, integrity and confidentiality of data; management of e-Office; managing Office petty cash; office administrative staff induction; and managing office protocol and etiquette.
Senior Office Administrator
Gross monthly package Ksh. 81,585 – 104,211 Pm
Leave Allowance – Ksh. 6,000
Medical Allowance – As per scheme rules
Group Life & Accident Cover– As per scheme rules
Permanent and Pensionable
Pension Contribution rate (basic salary)
Employee – 7.5%
Employer – 12.5%
This Officer will be deployed to serve a cluster of offices and be responsible for Office administrative services in a results oriented and timely manner to achieve the Office goals, objectives and agreed performance targets. This will entail inter alia:
1. Manage the Offices communications by handling telephone calls and appointments;
2. Ensure proper Office layout and coordinating schedules of meetings and venues;
3. Using e-office to research and process data
4. Manage the customer care services by receiving and attending to clients and enquiries;
5. Ensuring security, integrity and confidentiality of data;
6. Schedule and confirm appointments for customers, staff or VIP clients.
7. Set up and manage paper or electronic filing systems and maintain Office documents
8. Operate Office equipment, such as fax machines, copiers, or phone systems and arrange for repairs when equipment malfunctions.
9. Maintaining an up to date filing system in the office.
10. Ensure security of Office records, documents and equipment’s including classified materials.
11. Guide and supervise other office administrative service personnel.
12. Establish and monitor procedures for record keeping of correspondences and file movement;
13. Manage Office protocol and etiquette and petty cash;
14. Any other tasks as may be assigned by the Secretary General/CEO.
Academic & Professional
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Secretarial Studies or a Bachelor of Business and Office Management or equivalent
Qualifications qualifications from a recognized institution;
• Certificate in secretarial management course from a recognized institution
• Certificate in computer applications from a recognized institution
• Possess a minimum of four (4) years of experience in the relevant field or profession working in a similar State Agency or comparable organization;
• Demonstrated competence in managing a senior management Office in a comparable organization
• A self-motivated individual with the ability to work under minimal supervision
• Possess industry knowledge and experience of executive Office processes and procedures
• Possession of good knowledge of ethics, protocol and executive Office etiquette
• Ability to multi task; Good interpersonal and communication skills; Team player, resourceful, flexible, have integrity and commitment to production results, self-motivated, dependable, organized, professional and must satisfy the requirements of chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya on leadership and integrity.