Virtual Hr Recruitment Limited
Surveyor Job Description (1 Post),
– Prepare and maintain sketches, maps, reports, and legal descriptions of surveys in order to describe, certify, and assume liability for work performed.
– Verify the accuracy of survey data, including measurements and calculations conducted at survey sites.
– Direct or conduct surveys in order to establish legal boundaries for properties, based on legal deeds and titles.
– Record the results of surveys, including the shape, contour, location, elevation, and dimensions of land or land features.
– Calculate heights, depths, relative positions, property lines, and other characteristics of terrain.
– Prepare or supervise preparation of all data, charts, plots, maps, records, and documents related to surveys.
– Write descriptions of property boundary surveys for use in deeds, leases, or other legal documents.
– Plan and conduct ground surveys designed to establish baselines, elevations, and other geodetic measurements.
– Search legal records, survey records, and land titles in order to obtain information about property boundaries in areas to be surveyed.
– Coordinate findings with the work of engineering and architectural personnel, clients, and others concerned with projects.
– Adjust surveying instruments in order to maintain their accuracy.
– Establish fixed points for use in making maps, using geodetic and engineering instruments.
– Determine longitudes and latitudes of important features and boundaries in survey areas, using theodolites, transits, levels, and satellite-based global positioning systems (GPS).
– Train assistants and helpers, and direct their work in such activities as performing surveys or drafting maps.
Bachelors’ Degree/Higher Diploma in Surveying or related field
Minimum of 1 -2 years’ experience in a similar capacity
Knowledge in procurement processes
Excellent customer/client-facing and internal communication skills
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
An experience with Cooperate firms will be an added
Willingness to work long hours, under time and budget pressure
To apply for this job please visit www.brightermonday.co.ke.