Virtual Hr Recruitment Limited
A medium sized advertising and publishing company based in Nairobi and specializing in business magazines and directories has an opening for an Editorial Assistant in the Editorial Department, supporting the publisher and other columnists. This job is a great gig for someone who is organized, web savvy and curious, with a strong interest in national affairs. It entails research, fact-checking, social media and working with a graphic designer to oversee good publication layouts.
This candidate will assist with news details in the Editorial Department by performing functions that will include, but not limited to, the following:
Keep abreast of the business news in the field covered and suggest ideas for columns;
Gather general content for publications as needed for the Editorial Department using standard reference materials, including online resources;
Carry out editorial interviews with advertisers and other business/industry stakeholders.
Make proposals and/or brainstorm with advertising sales people on prospective editorial features to generate revenue for the organization.
Verify and/or correct the accuracy of the information contained in draft columns and write summaries as necessary.
The successful candidate will work full time or on contract basis under minimum supervision.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills:
– Relevant Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma especially in journalism or related industry.
– Minimum of 2 years of publishing experience preferred or other editorial work experience.
– Excellent organizational and administrative skills.
– Demonstrated knowledge of and interest in literature
– Ability to attend to details and juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
– Solid computer skills, including MS Word, Excel and databases.
– Polished communication skills & interpersonal skills
– Copywriting skills.
– Fluency in both written and spoken English language and ability to write winning editorial proposals.
– Detail-oriented, good prioritization skills, proactive and goal-oriented.
– High aptitude and great enthusiasm about journalism.
To apply for this job please visit www.brightermonday.co.ke.