Virtual Hr Recruitment Limited
Tala is a world leader in providing direct loans and financial services in emerging markets. We are a global team with diverse backgrounds who are singularly focused on using technology, data, and a customer-centric approach to meet the financial needs of the 2+ billion people of the emerging global middle class.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for creating and leading an IT Support function that is responsible for troubleshooting, resolution, and maintenance of all office IT, networking, and virtual environment infrastructures. You’ll also lead change management initiatives to drive maximum uptime, functionality, and resiliency of our network, hardware, and related software applications, with responsibility for identifying and managing vendors to accomplish these goals.
Great candidates will have significant experience managing IT solutions and staff for a large office, demonstrate strong technical and vendor management skills, and have experience managing large office expansion/infrastructure projects. You are an incredible problem-solver with a strong sense of accountability for end-user experience and systems uptime. You are a strong communicator, ensuring a large, varied audience understands issues, root cause, dependencies, and tradeoffs between different solutions alternatives.
What you will do:
· Manage all troubleshooting, technical support, diagnosis, and change management to maximize functionality and up-time of internal and third-party networks, hardware, software, applications, and other virtual environment infrastructures.
· Evaluate, onboard, and manage performance of IT vendors, including Tier 1 Helpdesk vendor.
· Ultimate accountability for troubleshooting, root cause analysis, and resolution of desktop/computer, network, application, A/V, and peripheral hardware issues
· Recommend and lead change management activities that minimize service disruption impacts on internal users, including planning and cost-effective execution of office capacity increases.
· Ensure redundancy, resiliency, and identify dependencies for networking infrastructure and software applications.
What you should have:
· Undergraduate degree in computer science management, information systems, software engineering, business administration or commensurate certifications
· 4+ years experience managing IT and network support for a large office/business
· 2+ years experience leading IT capacity increase projects for a large office/business
· Experience directly hiring and managing an IT staff
· Experience evaluating and managing IT support vendors
· Experience evaluating and managing IT and network suppliers
· Experience with the following tools/systems: Hardware (Apple, Linux Desktop, PC), routers (Palo Alto, Cisco, D-Link Switch, TP-Link Switch), VoIP (SIP, Codecs – G711, G729, G723.1, QoS), Google Suite (email, browser, docs), development/task mgmt. (SSH, Github, VPN, Jira), communications (Google Hangouts, Slack, Skype, Zoom)
· Strong oral and written communication skills in order to interact with internal customers, vendors, and partners
· Strong independent decision-making skills.
· Willingness and ability to be available off-hours/on-call
Preferred Skills & Experience:
· Certifications: CCNA, CCNP, VOIP
· Experience managing IT solutions for call center environments
· Experience working in multiple countries in East Africa
· Experience managing IT solutions + staffing for multiple office locations
· Experience working with a global, distributed leadership team
We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse team with a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We focus on hiring talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.