Virtual Hr Recruitment Limited
Job Purpose and Key responsibilities
Growth of general insurance business to meet set annual premium targets
1. Secure new business directly or through intermediaries
2. Maintain excellent customer service to intermediaries and clients
3. Service existing business
4. Follow up on renewals for general insurance business
5. Forward proposal forms to underwriting department
6. Follow up premium collections
7. Prepare weekly reports as required
8. Undertake initial underwriting in accordance with set guidelines to ensure sound acceptance of risk
9. Respond to customer and client inquiries
· Responsible for staff working under this position
· Required to liaise and work closely with the other departments as may be necessary
· Britam customers
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required
1.Bachelors’ degree in a business related field
2.Professional qualification in Insurance (ACII, IIK)
2-4 year’s relevant experience in the insurance industry
Technical and functional competencies
1. Knowledge of insurance regulatory requirements
2. Knowledge of insurance products
3. Sales and marketing management skills
Leading and Supervising – Provides team with a clear direction based on the overall strategy and objectives of the department; motivates and empowers others with a clear sense of purpose; creates a positive climate that fosters learning and development; acknowledge high potential talent within the team; sets and articulates the vision and values through own personalbehaviour.
Persuading and Influencing – Gains clear agreement and commitment from other; promotes the departmental strategy and objectives during team conversations; promotes ideas on behalf of the team and or department; makes a strong personal impact on others; takes care to manage the team’s impression and brand on others.
Presenting and Communicating Information – Speaks fluently; expresses opinions, information and key points of an argument clearly; responds quickly to the needs of an audience and to their reactions and feedback; projects credibility.
Adhering to Principles and Values – Upholds ethics and values; demonstrates integrity; encourages team and individual responsibility towards the community and the environment.
Analysing – Analyses numerical data and all other sources of information, to break them into component parts, patterns and relationships; probes for further information or greater understanding of a problem; makes rational judgements from the available information and analysis; demonstrates an understanding of how one issue may be a part of a much larger system
Planning and Organising – Sets clearly defined team objectives; plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances; identifies and organises resources needed to accomplish tasks; manages time effectively; monitors team performance against deadlines and milestones.
To apply for this job please visit www.brightermonday.co.ke.