Virtual Hr Recruitment Limited
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Consolidate the annual procurement plan and prepare procurement/supplies reports. S/he will devise and use approved sourcing strategies.
● S/He will update the procurement committee on orders respective progress and sit in the weekly procurement meetings. They will be in charge of keeping track of the annual procurement budget.
● S/he will prepare tender documents, notices, review suppliers contract documents and proposals to ensure they meet expected standards.
● Procurement officer will maintain the procurement records and reports for submission to the Head of School and the Executive Director.
● Maintain an up-to date database of suppliers and liaise with the finance department on payments of goods, services and contracts procured.
● The procurement officer will be in charge of preparation of requisitions, LPO’s, delivery notes, notification of awards and contract agreements for all tender awards of goods, contractors and services as well as regret letters to unsuccessful bidders.
● S/he will keep track of tenders, orders, deliveries and quotations in progress and generate status reports.
● Will review prices and product specifications from different supplies and manage the procurement database to establish the best suppliers.
● Will liaise with different departments to establish respective departmental needs, procure items on their behalf, manage storage and be in charge of resources distribution in line with set systems and standards.
● The procurement officer will track deliveries, establish communication with supplies and logistics department, check deliveries to ensure items ordered are delivered in time and as expected.
● The officer will create and maintain an inventory of all incoming and current supplies/stock and be in charge of the school stores.
● Develops plans for purchasing equipment, services and supplies and negotiate the best deal for pricing and supply contracts
● Estimating and establishing cost parameters and budgets for purchases. While tracking and maintaining the school annual budget.
● Manage workflow from initiation to completion of purchases and deliveries by overseeing supply needs; approve the ordering of necessary goods and services
● Collaborate with key persons to ensure clear communication of the specifications and expectations of the company
● Procurement Officer will Foresee trends and predict alterations in the negotiating ability of suppliers and clients.
● They will anticipate unfavorable pricing and supply through data analysis, monitoring; and prepare control strategies that will enhance proper risk management for supply contracts and agreements.
Education and Work Experience:
● Bachelor’s Degree in Supplies and Procurement
● Minimum of 1 year experience, preferably within a Kenyan School environment
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
● Fluency in English and Swahili.
● Well-developed and mature professional interpersonal skills; ability to interact effectively with colleagues at all organizational levels.
● Exceptional quality management and problem-solving skills.
● Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with appropriate discretion.
● Ability to respond quickly and maintain composure in situations that impact the safety and security of children.
● Ability to exercise judgment and discretion when making independent decisions.
● An incident-free Children’s Check and National Police Check (Certificate of Good Conduct) is a strict condition of employment and must be provided at time of hire and updated on request.
● Weekend and after-hours work is expected and required to meet organizational priorities.
To apply for this job please visit www.brightermonday.co.ke.