Wamo Relief And Rehabilitation Service
· Assists in field budget preparation and monitors and controls expenditures
Plans, coordinates and supervises a health service site or program activities
· Report on drugs consumption, request drugs and other medical supplies.
· Evaluates and recommends improvements in health care procedures, services and facilities.
· Collects statistical data, and prepares reports regarding program activities.
· Coordinates program activities with other health service programs or community.
· Represents the department to the public and attends public meetings and conferences to discuss, inform, and instruct others concerning health services and programs.
· Participates in quality assurance activities
· Meets regular and punctual attendance standards and any special needs of the position as determined by management, including mandatory overtime and performing related work
· S/He will supervise Health Centre (HC/MCH) and Mobile Clinic (MC), will be responsible for the management and supervision of mobile and static (health center based) health and nutrition activities.
· S/He will ensure that HC and MC have adequate supplies and that these are properly used as indicated on the relevant health and nutrition protocols
· S/He will provide logistical guidance in field for data collection team and participate actively in data collection alongside the field team workers
· S/He will convene frequently meetings to ensure quality control, team spirit and communication
· S/He will monitor data collection process to ensure field protocols and procedures will be followed, and s/he will provide guidance to team workers.
· S/He will be conducting trainings on technical components of the program and support the PM in delivering managerial trainings.
· S/He will prepareashortreporton supervisions conducted, to be shared with Senior Field Management and Nairobi Office
· S/He will coordinate and assist HC and MC in referring complicated cases to secondary health facilities, including Regional Hospital
· S/He will participate in external meetings and trainings related to Health and Nutrition
· S/He will maintain the records of non-serviceable articles and make arrangement for condemnation
· S/He will maintain stock register and it will be countersigned by Logistician/ Pharmacist
· S/He will establish and reinforce the standard of nursing procedure as prescribed
· S/He will ensure the maintenance of waste management and infection control of the ward
· S/He will ensure prevention of wastage and misuse of supplies and drugs
· S/He will maintain daily patient’s census of the unit and report about the critically ill patients to the Superintendent
· S/He will assure the respect of behavioural standards and deontological code by the nurses in the ward
· S/He will plan and supervise nurses’ activities, assuring the proper operation modalities and intervening in case standards are not respected
SKILLS AND COMPETENCES
• Competent health management skills
• Somali national able to work in the Lower Juba Region
• Previous experience on field level supervision of health project. (preferably Somalia context in emergency response)
• Good knowledge of English, fluent in Somali is a key.
• Business Administration skills
• Community Health experience
• Public Administration
All applications should be sent not later than 26th of June 2018. Application received after this date will not be considered.