Wamo Relief And Rehabilitation Service
Duties and Responsibilities
v Coordinate and supervise masonry and construction works at all water and sanitation facilities
v Ensure all the software component (hygiene promotion activities and storage facilities are implemented as per the signed project agreement and sphere standards
v Prepare project documentation including BoQs detailed work plans for the planned activities, procurement plans and requisitions for required materials to be procures for attention of the immediate supervisory
v Coordinate community mobilization and sensitization
v Assist in formation and training of water and sanitation committees for the specific sanitation facilities to be developed
v Follow up, inspect and ensure project materials are delivered measure to specified deliveries at field level in timely way.
v Activities which are implemented by contractors are monitored for quality assurance
v Ensure revisiting the hygiene promotion campaign areas to
v Preparation of end of month narrative progress reports for activities undertaken,
v Preparation of monthly work plans & Cash projections
v Actively participate in by involving stake holders and partners in evaluation of past project
v Document Impact, Sustainability and best practices for WASH projects in the area for learning, sharing and future replication.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
· Educational level required: Higher Diploma in any of the following – Public Health Engineering, Civil Engineering.
· Technical Training qualifications required: Skills in Community Total Lead Sanitation (CLTS) and/ or Participatory Hygiene and Sanitation Methodology (PHAST) tools.
· Experience: 3 years of experience in Project implementation preferably water and sanitation or/ health.
· Others :
· Proficiency in using computer software e. g MS office and internet.
· Fluency in Somali language and English is needed
· Should be a Somali National.
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit their applications with subject line as “WASH Project Officer by 24th June, 2018.
The application should be a cover letter and CV as one document and indicate the title of the position on the subject line this will ensure we capture your application in the right way.
Applications should include contact details of three professional referees. One referee must be the applicant’s Immediate supervisor.
WRRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Only short listed candidates will be contacted