Portfolio Analyst-(PE)-Investment Vacancy-Job Ref: JKKEIFC/0801/202370
IFC — a member of the World Bank Group — is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2023, IFC committed a record US$43.7 billion to private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity as economies grapple with the impacts of global compounding crises.
IFC’s Private Equity (PE) Funds group plays an integral role in this mission. IFC is the largest investor in emerging market PE funds in the world, with over US$6.5 billion committed across a portfolio of more than 330 funds. IFC’s PE funds strategy focuses on supporting: (i) growth equity funds, (ii) venture capital and accelerator funds, (iii) small business funds in frontier regions, and selectively (iv) sector funds. In turn, these PE funds combine capital and expertise to enable investee companies to achieve the operational efficiency and governance standards required to realize their high-growth potential.
IFC is seeking a PE Funds Portfolio Analyst to be based at IFC’s Nairobi, Kenya office and reporting to the Global portfolio Manager, CDFPE. The Portfolio Analyst will work across all regions as part of the global CDFPE portfolio team that carries out portfolio administration, compliance and operational transaction activities (the “Middle Office”). In this role, your primary responsibility will be to work on PE Funds portfolio issues. In addition, you will be expected to work on some assignments that support compliance and efficiency efforts across the broader CDF department.
Duties and Accountabilities:
Responsibilities will be primarily involving accountability for portfolio administration, reporting and compliance activities in support of CDFPE portfolio operations. To include the following as assigned by and in coordination with the Portfolio Manager:
• Coordination with internal IFC stakeholders, including: Environment, Social & Governance; Impact Assessment; Portfolio Management, Operations Management (among others) – to optimize portfolio performance, ensure compliance with IFC standards and determine actions to resolve portfolio issues;
• Initiate and track disbursement workflows and other ongoing portfolio related activities for assigned projects.
• Prepare portfolio review materials and presentations, and make recommendations to the Portfolio Manager on improving processes while supporting investment teams on investment portfolio issues;
• Become trusted resource on portfolio procedures, systems and processes; support reconciliation of investment balances and mitigation of operational risks.
• Prepare portfolio supervision reports, including relevant performance analysis and valuation follow-ups;
• Track and monitor compliance matters for fund investments, and propose courses of action in the event of non-compliance;
• Support project management efforts and processes for specific special assignments in CDFPE portfolio operations;
• Provide analytics, review, analyze and respond to queries to ensure quality content and adequate delivery of reports in a timely manner.
• Contribute to CDFPE’s thought leadership on portfolio issues through analytical and reporting work, including: (i) supporting deep dives on select countries and sectors; (ii) supporting preparation of thematic portfolio reviews and stress tests, and (iii) compiling lessons learned.
• Provide input for guidance, knowledge materials and training for business teams as needed.
• Understand Portfolio Operating Procedures as applied to PE Funds to ensure simplified and efficient processes.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance or related field;
• High professional integrity, sound business judgment and discretion;
• Ability to think independently, analyze problems, identify solutions, and work effectively on simultaneous projects under time pressure;
• High degree of initiative, flexibility, reliability and willingness to learn;
• Highly motivated and energetic, outstanding interpersonal skills, with a collegial and sharing work style;
• Comfortable working in a matrix organizational structure; ability to interact effectively with clients and colleagues from various cultural backgrounds; ability to work with people at all levels and demonstrate responsiveness and excellent teamwork;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, with skill to adapt communication style and content appropriately for the audience.
• Attention to detail, accountable for consistent high-quality delivery;
• Excellent and demonstrated knowledge of relevant portfolio databases and systems, and ability to gather and organize information and resources;
• Proficiency in the use of Excel and PowerPoint;
• Excellent knowledge of IFC’s portfolio procedures and processes;
• High level of accuracy and attention to detail with sound analytical skills;
• High level of discretion and confidentiality;
Please click on the button below to Apply.