Supply Assistant Vacancy-Job Ref: JKUNHCR/0612/2020105
Supply Assistant Vacancy-Job Ref: JKUNHCR/0612/2020105
This position is advertised open to internal and external applicants.
PROCEDURES AND ELIGIBILITY
Interested applicants should consult the Administrative Instruction on Recruitment and Assignment of Locally Recruited Staff (RALS).
DUTIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Organizational Setting and Work Relationships
The Supply Assistant provides support to all activities pertaining to the supply chain function including planning, sourcing & procurement, transport, shipping, customs clearance, warehousing, assets & fleet management and monitoring within the area of responsibility (AoR).
The incumbent is supervised by a higher level supply position and receives regular guidance and instructions from the supervisor on successive steps. S/he works independently on routine tasks while follows instructions of the supervisor on more complex issues. The incumbent may have contacts on a working level on specific issues with other UNHCR offices, UN agencies, NGOs, government partners and commercial contractors in the area to facilitate performing the supply function. The duty of the incumbent is to support the management of material resources within the geographical area covered while exercising efficiency in the use of those resources.
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR¿s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
– In compliance with supply chain rules and procedures, support the related supply activities to facilitate UNHCR end to end processes resulting in a timely and quality delivery of goods and services to persons of concern.
– Support warehouse management, assist the process of the custom clearance of consignments, assist in drafting exemption requests, assist with goods & services deliveries and assist in providing information on the status of requests and the availability of items in the supply chain.
– Assist in maintaining accurate and comprehensive records on supply activities and assist in providing reports and updates periodically, and on request.
– Assist in the preparation of purchase requests.
– Assist in preparing quotation requests and tenders, assist in producing bid-tabulations from tenders, and assist preparing purchase orders for approval as per instructions of senior Supply staff or other line managers.
– Assist in dispatch approved Purchase Orders, and assist in follow-up with the delivery of ordered commodities and services.
– Assist in producing standard asset management reports and other asset information, periodically and when requested.
– Assist in identify and assess vendors based on their capability for delivering commodities and services. Assist in maintaining vendor and item master databases.
– Assist in maintaining accurate data in all relevant business systems. Assist in compiling statistical information on supply chain related matters that will assist in decision making.
In the Regional Bureaux:
– Assist in tracking global Supply KPIs for the region and assist in preparation of regional ones, as required.
– Assist in monitoring all periodic Supply exercises such as monthly reconciliations, quarterly physical inventory exercises, and year-end accounts closure procedures and assist in providing relevant reports to senior managers.
– Assist Country Operations in MSRP management.
In the Country Operations:
– Assist in ensuring local liaison to effectively support the supply activities.
– Assist in the management of the storage of goods according to “best practices” and UNHCR rules and regulations.
– Assist in managing Property, Plant and Equipment (PPE) effectively according to UNHCR rules and regulation including registration and marking of new PPE, physical verification of PPE, preparation of agreements and disposal forms (including submissions to LAMB/AMB), and assistance with disposal of PPE.
– Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level
For G4 – 1 year relevant experience with High School Diploma; or Bachelor or equivalent or higher
Field(s) of Education
Certificates and/or Licenses
Relevant Job Experience
(Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
All UNHCR workforce members must individually and collectively, contribute towards a working environment where each person feels safe, and empowered to perform their duties. This includes by demonstrating no tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, harassment including sexual harassment, sexism, gender inequality, discrimination, and abuse of power.
As individuals and as managers, all must be proactive in preventing and responding to inappropriate conduct, support ongoing dialogue on these matters and speaking up and seeking guidance and support from relevant UNHCR resources when these issues arise.
This is a Standard Job Description for all UNHCR jobs with this job title and grade level. The Operational Context may contain additional essential and/or desirable qualifications relating to the specific operation and/or position. Any such requirements are incorporated by reference in this Job Description and will be considered for the screening, shortlisting and selection of candidates.
Competencies as defined in Job Profile
Please also note that English is essential for this Job Opening.
Please click on the button below to Apply.